The Sedalia City Council will discuss possible improvements to the intersection at Oak Grove Lane/Main Street/U.S. Highway 50 during tonight’s meeting.
Council approved funds for the first phase of improvements to the intersection in the Fiscal Year 2017 budget. City Administrator Gary Edwards previously told the Democrat these improvements are needed due to new developments in the area, such as Hobby Lobby and Kohl’s, as well as in preparation for the upcoming businesses that will be constructed in the Galaxy West TIF District.
During tonight’s meeting, council will review an ordinance approving and accepting an agreement with Wilson & Co. Inc., Engineers & Architects for engineering services related to the preparation of construction plans and bid specifications documents for the proposed construction of the intersection improvements.
Council will also review an ordinance accepting a quit claim deed for sections of Main Street and Oak Grove Lane and accepting the streets for city maintenance from Pettis County.
According to information in the meeting packet, the county is in agreement that the city should accept these street sections, which are in the general area where the improvements are planned.
Mayor Stephen Galliher will present a plaque for Police Officer of the Year to Officer Travis Lorenz during the meeting.
Council will review three appointments:
• Jim Fischer to the Board of Appeals, completing Donna Heembrock’s term, to expire in June 2017.
• Donna Heembrock to the Board of Appeals, changing to alternate, to expire in June 2019.
• Michael Bell to the Board of Appeals, as an alternate, for a five-year term to expire in June 2021.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review an ordinance amending Section 2-310 of the Code of Ordinances relating to composition of the Board of Appeals.
• Review bids for hauling of trap rock. City staff recommends the low bidder, H&M Trucking LLC of Hughesville for $25.50 per ton.
• Review a records destruction request from the Personnel Department.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:45 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.