The Sedalia City Council will be discussing some important upcoming projects during tonight’s meeting.
After an hour-long work session last Monday, council will review an ordinance approving the second amendment to the Sedalia Midtown Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Redevelopment Plan and Project and taking other actions related to the decision. This was recommended for approval by the TIF Commission.
During the pre-council meeting, council will hear a presentation from Daniel Imig on sanitation recycling, which will include options for council to consider regarding the city’s recycling program. No action will be taken regarding this issue during the meeting.
Mayor Stephen Galliher will present service awards to Sherie Fredrickson, Sanitation Department administrative assistant, for 30 years of service, Robert Reason, Street Department senior equipment operator, for 30 years of service, and Police Department Chief John DeGonia for 30 years of service.
Council will vote on several appointments:
• Leona Payne, completing Pete Sublett’s term expiring June 2016, to the Animal Advisory Control Board, authorizing a three-year term expiring June 2019.
• Jeff Leeman as the council representative to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
• Terry Sunnarborg to the Airport Board for a six-year term expiring June 2022.
• Erica Eisenmenger to the Central Business and Cultural District Board of Directors for a three-year term expiring June 2019.
• Shirley Neff to the Citizens Traffic Advisory Commission for a three-year term expiring June 2019.
• William Woolery, Roy Poynter and Chris Stewart to the Park Board for three-year terms expiring June 2019.
• Jim Norton to the Planning and Zoning Commission for a four-year term expiring June 2020.
• John Schmidt and Les Harrell Jr. to the Police Personnel Board for five-year terms expiring June 2021.
• Reva Woodward, Norman Bell and Jon Snelling to the Public Library Board for three-year terms expiring June 2019.
• Trish Yasger to the Public Works Board for a four-year term expiring June 2020.
• Roberta Myers to the Sedalia Historic Commission for a three-year term expiring July 2019.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review an ordinance amending Section 64-4(b) and Section 2-681 of the Code of Ordinances relating to the composition of the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
• Review a bid for a dump truck with snow plow and salt spreader for the Street Department from Navistar Inc. for $131,731 through the State of Missouri Cooperative Procurement Program.
At the beginning of the council meeting, there will be a public hearing for a request to annex property. There will be time for public comments regarding the annexation of property owned by the City of Sedalia; the property is located on Main Street Road and Oak Grove Lane. The public hearing is the first of two steps to accomplish the annexation. Council will proceed with the annexation of the property during the May 16 meeting.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:15 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.