The Sedalia City Council will vote on several items related to the city’s sewer relief project and recommendations from city commissions.
Council will vote on the following items related to the sewer project:
• Review Change Order No. 8 from Spray Com Utilities Inc. for a deduction of $1,571.10 for the Collection System Rehabilitation Phase 1A Project-Base Bid, bid package No. 2.
• Review Change Order No. 2 from Smi-Co Construction Inc. for $19,645 for the Peak Flow Management Improvements, stormwater equalization EQ-1 project.
• Review Change Order No. 2 from Site Rite Construction Co. for a deduction of $70,299.84 for the Southeast Basin Relief Sewer Project.
Council will also vote on the following recommendations from city commissions:
• Review an ordinance granting a rezoning application by Star Acquisitions for property located at 1900 W. Broadway Blvd., 2000 W. Broadway Blvd., 2102 W. Broadway Blvd., and 516 Sunset Dr. The Planning and Zoning Commission recommends approval.
• Review an ordinance establishing a no parking restriction at the end of Scott Joplin Court. The Traffic Advisory Commission recommends approval.
Council will also vote on the following appointments:
• Laurie Ward and Jim Fischer to the Central Business & Cultural District Board of Directors for three-year terms expiring in June 2019.
• Cendy Harrell-Carson to the Housing Authority Board of Directors completing Rick Adams’ term expiring in June, and authorizing a four-year term expiring in June 2020.
• Ann Richardson to the Zoning Board of Adjustment as an alternate for a five-year term expiring in June 2021.
• Allan Fowler to the Zoning Board of Adjustment for a five-year term expiring in June 2021.
During the pre-council meeting, council will hear a monthly financial update from Finance Director Kelvin Shaw.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review sole source purchase of duty weapons and holsters for the Sedalia Police Department from Alamar Uniforms for $13,192.
• Review an ordinance approving and annexing an unincorporated area owned by the City of Sedalia into the city adjacent and contiguous to existing corporate limits (Main Street Road and east side of Oak Grove Lane).
• Review bids for rock salt.
• Review an ordinance amending Section 7.15(C) (controlled substance and alcohol testing policy – applicability) of the city’s Personnel Regulation Manual by deleting the title of Permit/ECS for the Public Works Department and adding the title of Pretreatment/Stormwater Coordinator to employee positions designated as safety sensitive.
• Review purchase of two scan tools for the Vehicle Maintenance Department from Snap-On Tools for $12,408.07 through the State of Missouri Cooperative Procurement Program.
• Review a resolution extending the moratorium on demolition permits on Ohio Avenue between Main Street and Broadway Boulevard for an additional 90 days.
• Review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2016-17 regarding the Trim Grant Project.
• Review a records destruction request from the Personnel Department.
• Review a resolution congratulating the Smith-Cotton High School JROTC on achieving first place at the National High School Drill Team Championships.
• Review an ordinance approving and accepting an agreement with Bothwell Regional Health Center Laboratory for Worker’s Compensation Substance and Alcohol Testing for the city.
• Review an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 9940 relating to deleting existing classifications and job descriptions for Permit/Environmental Control Specialist for the Water Pollution Department and Police Lieutenant for the Police Department and adding a classification and job description for Pretreatment/Stormwater Coordinator for the WPC Department.
• Review the purchase of storage hardware to house camera video and data from Insight Public Sector for $13,498.43 through the U.S. Communities Cooperative Procurement Contract via the State of Missouri.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.