Several Sedalia city streets will receive mill and overlay work over the next 45 days.
According to a City of Sedalia news release, the Sedalia City Council accepted an agreement April 18 with Chester Bross Construction Co. for the mill and overlay of various city streets.
This particularly large scope of work is scheduled to begin Tuesday with 45 days allowed for completion. Some of the streets included in this project were those impacted by the $30 million sewer project per the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ consent order.
The streets included in the bid packet approved April 18 include:
• East 16th Street from South New York Avenue to South Wagner Avenue.
• South Engineer Avenue from East Broadway Boulevard to East 16th Street.
• 32nd Street from state Route B to west city limits.
• West 16th Street from South Ohio Avenue to South Park Avenue.
• West 10th Street from Thompson Boulevard to Winchester Avenue.
• East 14th Street from South Ingram Avenue to Bothwell Regional Health Center curve.
• Seventh Street and Ohio Avenue city-owned parking lot.
• Second Street and Lamine Avenue city-owned parking lot.
The release states that East 16th Street and South Engineer Avenue have been given “top priority.” The city has requested that these two roads be finished first and the remaining areas will be repaired within the 45-day completion deadline.