In addition to voting on several budget amendments for various city projects, the Sedalia City Council will revisit its 2016 strategic goals during tonight’s meeting.
During the pre-council meeting, council will hear a presentation regarding the status of the 2016 strategic goals that were created in January during council’s strategic goal-setting meeting.
During the meeting Mayor Stephen Galliher will present service awards to Sedalia Police Sgt. Kelley Casto for 15 years of service, Street Department Senior Equipment Operator Bradley Blankenship for 10 years of service, Sedalia Police Officer Travis St. Cyr for 10 years of service, Community Development Director John Simmons for 10 years of service, Sedalia Police Officer Matthew Sprinkles for 10 years of service, Sedalia Fire Department Driver/Engineer Daniel Shaw for 10 years of service, Sedalia Police Officer Bradley Arnold for five years of service, Sanitation Department Public Works Service Worker Keith Cook for five years of service, and Sanitation Department Senior Equipment Operator Kennith Wood for five years of service.
Galliher will also present special awards for the July Yard of the Month Contest winners:
First Ward: Heather Hunter, 1100 Wilkerson St.
Second Ward: Byron and Judy Matson, 705 W. Sixth St.
Third Ward/Grand Prize: Charles Lowe, 1214 E. 11th St.
Fourth Ward: Cheryl Ann Griffin, 912 S. Harrison Ave.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2016-17 regarding Sedalia Police Department seizure funds used for a property room barcode kit. According to information in the meeting packet, this kit will replace a failed unit. A budget amendment is necessary because it will be an unbudgeted purchase.
• Review a resolution extending the moratorium on demolition permits on Ohio Avenue between Main Street and Broadway Boulevard for an additional 90 days.
• Review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2016-17 regarding Public Works Department lease purchase agreements for certain equipment. According to the meeting packet, he city has two skid loaders under lease-purchase agreements and will return one skid loader and purchase the other. The city will also obtain a mini-excavator. Staff recommends approval.
• Review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2016-17 regarding Public Works Department Materials Management Site improvements.
• Review an ordinance granting a rezoning application by Lawrence J. Klein for property located at 1602 S. Harrison Ave., 1606 S. Harrison Ave. and 1618 S. Harrison Ave. This item was tabled at the June 6, June 20 and July 5 pre-council meetings. According to the meeting packet, staff members met with Klein on July 13 and reached an agreement on necessary improvements to his property to meet the requirements of the rezoning request.
• Review a records destruction request from the Personnel Department.
• Review a records destruction request from the Finance Department.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.