The Sedalia City Council will have a financial theme during tonight’s meeting.
During the pre-council meeting, council will hear a Bothwell Regional Health Center Board of Trustees financial update from BRHC CEO John Dawes, and a city financial update from Finance Director Kelvin Shaw.
Council will then vote on the two tax issues that were approved by City of Sedalia voters during the Aug. 4 special election.
• Review an ordinance imposing a use tax at the rate of 2.375 percent to the authority granted by and subject to provisions of RSMO Sections 144.600 through 144.761; providing for a use tax to be reduced or raised in the same amount as the city sales tax is reduced or raised.
• Review an ordinance to continue the application and collection of the local sales tax on the titling of motor vehicles, trailers, boats and outboard motors that were purchased from a source other than a licensed Missouri dealer.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review proposals and an ordinance approving and accepting an agreement with Louis G. Chiodini Inc. for a space-needs analysis for the Sedalia Police Department with a not-to-exceed fee of $45,700. According to information in the meeting packet, this is part of the ongoing effort to research the need for a larger police station.
• Review an ordinance amending Section 40-294 of the Code of Ordinances relating to the Firefighters’ Retirement Fund Board of Trustees. This will add the finance director as a member of the board.
• Review an ordinance granting a rezoning application by Connie L. Koering, trustee of the Janice Collins Living Trust, for property located at 704 S. Montgomery Ave. If approved, this will change from R-1 single family residential to C-3 commercial district. The Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously approved this request.
• Review bids for the demolition of structures located at 916 W. Sixth St. (B&P Excavating, $8,000) and 403 W. Fifth St. (Schultz Wrecking, $8,000).
• Review a resolution authorizing a change in the September 2015 second regular meeting date of the Sedalia City Council from Sept. 21 to Sept. 28 due to the annual Missouri Municipal League Conference.
• Review a resolution amending the municipal fine and bond chart for the Sedalia Municipal Court.
• Review an ordinance amending Section 36-22 of the Code of Ordinances relating to a person failing to appear in municipal court.
• Review a records destruction request from the Personnel Department.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:15 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.