The Sedalia City Council will vote on the final large project for the city’s sewer project during tonight’s meeting.
Council will review several bids, ordinances and change orders related to the ongoing sewer project that is slated to be completed next year. It will review a bid of $5,742,818 and an ordinance approving and accepting an agreement with Smi-Co Construction Inc. for the Peak Flow Management Improvements Stormwater Equalization (EQ-2) project, which is for the stormwater facility to be built near the intersection of 24th Street and New York Avenue. This is the last anticipated large project associated with the overall sewer project.
Council will also vote on the following items related to the sewer project:
• Review Change Order No. 1 from Site Rite Construction Co. for $60,206.85 for the Southeast Basin Relief Sewer Project.
• Review an ordinance approving and accepting a contract for sale of real estate and warranty deed with the Heckart Family Foundation for property associated with the city’s EQ-2 project.
• Review Change Order No. 1 from Smi-Co Construction Inc. for the Peak Flow Management Improvements Stormwater Equalization project. The change order has no cost and includes specification clarifications requested to be added by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
• Review Change Order No. 2 from Smi-Co Construction Inc. for the Peak Flow Management Improvements Stormwater Equalization (EQ-2) project for a deduction of $681,149.
During the pre-council meeting, council will hear an update from the Public Library Board and a monthly financial update from Finance Director Kelvin Shaw.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review a resolution authorizing an application by the Sedalia Fire Department for funding through a Walmart Community Grant for the purchase of fire safety materials to be utilized in Sedalia and neighboring communities.
• Review bids for dumpsters. According to information provided in the meeting packet, the city was awarded up to a $28,000 grant for cardboard recycling dumpsters. Staff recommends the low bid from Kelly Equipment of Ft. Madison, Iowa, for $467 per two-yard dumpster (20 dumpsters) and $671 per four-yard dumpster (20 dumpsters).
• Review bids for the demolition of structures located at 707 S. Lafayette, 104 E. Jefferson St., 607 E. Ninth St., 104 W. Morgan St., and 906 S. Ohio Ave.
• Review bids for life, dental and vision insurance, as it is time for the city to renew these employee benefits.
• Review an ordinance approving and accepting a terms sheet by Star Acquisitions Inc. for the proposed U.S. Highway 50 Tax Increment Financing District. If approved by council, it is anticipated to occur in November.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:15 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Avenue For more information, call 827-3000.