Small house fire causes ‘considerable’ damage


Two Sedalia Fire Department firefighters work together to start a fan to rid the residence at 511 E. Saline St. of smoke after a small fire Tuesday afternoon. SFD Battalion Chief Mike Hawkins said a woman was asleep downstairs when she was woken up by the fire upstairs in the attic. There were no injuries reported, to the woman or to pets. The owner of the home was not inside at the time of the fire.


Glass can be seen falling from the second-story window of a residence at 511 E. Saline St. shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday as a SFD firefighter breaks the glass to let smoke out of the attic. Hawkins said when firefighters arrived, smoke was coming out of the upper window and upon entry they found a mattress on fire, which was quickly extinguished.


The charred remains of a mattress can be seen outside the Saline Street residence after they were thrown to the ground from a second-story window by SFD firefighters once it was extinguished. Hawkins said there was very little fire, mostly just smoldering in the attic. However, he added that there was considerable damage to the upper floor of the home.


A SFD firefighter holds a small dog after rescuing it from the residence at 511 E. Saline St. after Tuesday afternoon’s small fire. The dog was returned to the owner, who came home around 2:30 p.m.


Two Sedalia Fire Department firefighters work together to start a fan to rid the residence at 511 E. Saline St. of smoke after a small fire Tuesday afternoon. SFD Battalion Chief Mike Hawkins said a woman was asleep downstairs when she was woken up by the fire upstairs in the attic. There were no injuries reported, to the woman or to pets. The owner of the home was not inside at the time of the fire.
http://sedaliademocrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_TSD102115HouseFire.jpgTwo Sedalia Fire Department firefighters work together to start a fan to rid the residence at 511 E. Saline St. of smoke after a small fire Tuesday afternoon. SFD Battalion Chief Mike Hawkins said a woman was asleep downstairs when she was woken up by the fire upstairs in the attic. There were no injuries reported, to the woman or to pets. The owner of the home was not inside at the time of the fire.

Glass can be seen falling from the second-story window of a residence at 511 E. Saline St. shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday as a SFD firefighter breaks the glass to let smoke out of the attic. Hawkins said when firefighters arrived, smoke was coming out of the upper window and upon entry they found a mattress on fire, which was quickly extinguished.
http://sedaliademocrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_TSD102115HouseFire2.jpgGlass can be seen falling from the second-story window of a residence at 511 E. Saline St. shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday as a SFD firefighter breaks the glass to let smoke out of the attic. Hawkins said when firefighters arrived, smoke was coming out of the upper window and upon entry they found a mattress on fire, which was quickly extinguished.

The charred remains of a mattress can be seen outside the Saline Street residence after they were thrown to the ground from a second-story window by SFD firefighters once it was extinguished. Hawkins said there was very little fire, mostly just smoldering in the attic. However, he added that there was considerable damage to the upper floor of the home.
http://sedaliademocrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_TSD102115HouseFire3.jpgThe charred remains of a mattress can be seen outside the Saline Street residence after they were thrown to the ground from a second-story window by SFD firefighters once it was extinguished. Hawkins said there was very little fire, mostly just smoldering in the attic. However, he added that there was considerable damage to the upper floor of the home.

A SFD firefighter holds a small dog after rescuing it from the residence at 511 E. Saline St. after Tuesday afternoon’s small fire. The dog was returned to the owner, who came home around 2:30 p.m.
http://sedaliademocrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_TSD102115HouseFire4.jpgA SFD firefighter holds a small dog after rescuing it from the residence at 511 E. Saline St. after Tuesday afternoon’s small fire. The dog was returned to the owner, who came home around 2:30 p.m.

Two Sedalia Fire Department firefighters work together to start a fan to rid the residence at 511 E. Saline St. of smoke after a small fire Tuesday afternoon. SFD Battalion Chief Mike Hawkins said a woman was asleep downstairs when she was woken up by the fire upstairs in the attic. There were no injuries reported, to the woman or to pets. The owner of the home was not inside at the time of the fire.

Glass can be seen falling from the second-story window of a residence at 511 E. Saline St. shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday as a SFD firefighter breaks the glass to let smoke out of the attic. Hawkins said when firefighters arrived, smoke was coming out of the upper window and upon entry they found a mattress on fire, which was quickly extinguished.

The charred remains of a mattress can be seen outside the Saline Street residence after they were thrown to the ground from a second-story window by SFD firefighters once it was extinguished. Hawkins said there was very little fire, mostly just smoldering in the attic. However, he added that there was considerable damage to the upper floor of the home.

A SFD firefighter holds a small dog after rescuing it from the residence at 511 E. Saline St. after Tuesday afternoon’s small fire. The dog was returned to the owner, who came home around 2:30 p.m.

Sedalia Democrat
comments powered by Disqus