Council will vote on two items pertaining to the ongoing sewer relief project during tonight’s meeting.
The project, which is slated to be completed by June 2016, has been ongoing for several years. Two sewer project items appear on tonight’s agenda:
• Review an ordinance approving and accepting Amendment No. 2 to Exhibit M to the master agreement for professional services with Olsson Associates for engineering services. According to information in the meeting packet, the increase is necessary, according to city staff, to cover EQ-1 construction observation, staking and testing.
• Review Change Order No. 4 from Spray Com Utilities Inc. for the Collection System Rehabilitation Phase 1A project, Bid Package No. 2 for $78,010 plus a time extension of 30 calendar days. According to the packet, this change is needed due to multiple failures found in the sewer mains as they were being inspected, and they must be repaired before the sewer mains can be lined.
During the pre-meeting, council will hear an annual report from Sedalia-Pettis County Economic Development Director Linda Christle and a monthly financial update from Finance Director Kelvin Shaw.
Council will vote on the new appointment of Thomas Brody Kempton to the Bothwell Regional Health Center Board of Trustees, completing the term of Calvin Glen Nelson expiring June 2016.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review a proposal and ordinance approving and accepting an agreement with Foley Equipment Co. for a maintenance plan for emergency generators located within various city departments.
• Review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2015-16 regarding the Liberty Stadium turf project. The Parks Department needs to transfer $311,085 from its reserve to the General Fund to pay for this project.
• Review an ordinance accepting for city maintenance the extension of Pelham Drive located in the Thompson Meadows Industrial Park.
• Review a bid for $14,000 from B&P Excavating for the demolition of a structure at 612 S. Kentucky Ave.
• Review a quote from Bryant Motor Co. for the purchase of a 2016 1500 Tradesman/Express Regular Cab 4×4 for the Vehicle Maintenance Department through the MoDOT Cooperative Procurement program.
• Review an ordinance approving and accepting an agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation for a $10,000 Tree Resource Improvement and Maintenance (TRIM) grant. This grant will be used for a tree inventory of some of the city’s right-of-way trees. This is the sixth year the city has received a TRIM grant.
• Review a records destruction request from the Personnel Department.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:15 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.