The Sedalia City Council will discuss funding for the replacement of the Katy Trail Overpass during tonight’s meeting.
There are plans to replace the Katy Trail Overpass, located on U.S. Highway 50 in Sedalia, in the coming year, however the project bid has come in higher than expected.
According to the meeting packet, the city has funds in the current budget allocated for the project, but the project’s low bid came in about $80,000 over the amount of the available grant and city/county funds. However, the state, county and city will share the cost of the overage.
The city’s share of this increased cost is $20,000, and council will review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2015-16 for that amount for the U.S. Highway 50 Katy Trail Overpass project.
Because of this added cost, council will also review a resolution amending Resolution 1849 regarding the application for funding through a TAP Grant through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and the Missouri Department of Transportation for the replacement of the Katy Trail Bridge.
During the pre-council meeting, council will hear a presentation from the Sedalia Area Chamber of Commerce and a financial update from Finance Director Kelvin Shaw.
Council will vote on the appointment of Barbara Hayden to the TIF Commission, completing Ron Ditzfeld’s term expiring July 2019.
During the meeting council will also:
• Review Change Order No. 1 from KAT Excavation for $9,157 for the Streetscape Phase IIIa project. According to the meeting packet, the majority of the cost is for the re-installation of traffic loop signals and alterations necessary to the electric meter.
• Review a quote of $24,996 for the purchase of a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4×4 Crew Cab 1/2 Ton Pickup from Bryant Motor Co. for the Water Pollution Control Department through the State of Missouri Cooperative Purchasing Program.
• Review Change Order No. 5 from Spray Con Utilities Inc. for the Collection System Rehabilitation Phase Ia Project, Base Bid, Bid Package No. 2 for $13,793. According to the packet, this change is needed to repair two sewer main pipes in which special conditions were found during construction.
• Review an ordinance amending the budget for Fiscal Year 2015-16 regarding the Streetscape Phase IIIa project. This is necessary because of the above related item.
• Review an ordinance approving and accepting Amendment No. 3 to Exhibit M to the master agreement for professional services with Olsson Associates for engineering services.
• Review an ordinance approving an agreement with DEI Consulting for consulting services related to recycling and solid waste.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will begin at 6:15 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.