This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily contain statements from all parties involved in each case.
Sedalia Police Department
12:47 a.m.: Spencer A. Watson, 17, of Lincoln, Nebraska was arrested in the 1300 block of Arlington Avenue on charges of statutory sodomy in the first degree, child molestation in the first degree and sexual misconduct.
12:52 a.m.: Elena Garcia Hickman, 49, homeless was taken into protective custody in the 800 block of East Broadway Boulevard for public intoxication and placed on a 12-hour hold.
Pettis County Sheriff’s Office
11:19 p.m.: Blake A. Hollon, age unknown, of Sedalia, was arrested in the area of Highway H and Flint Street for possession of marijuana.
8 p.m.: Pettis County Sheriff’s deputies, along with Missouri Department of Conservation agents arrested the following people in the area of Carpenter Road and McGee Road in Smithton (Green’s Crossing):
• Angel Escobar, age unknown, of Sedalia, on a charge of littering
• Jorge L. Marcos, age unknown, of Sedalia, on a charge of littering
• Cruz Escobar, age unknown, of Sedalia, on charges of littering, possession of drug paraphernalia, being a minor visibly intoxicated
• Jose L. Herrera, age unknown, on charges of littering and being a minor visibly intoxicated
• Oscar D. Padilla, Jr., age unknown of Sedalia on charges of possession of marijuana, littering, being a minor visibly intoxicated
• Jose L. Romero, Jr., age unknown, on charges of littering and being a minor visibly intoxicated
— Compiled by Tim Epperson