Northwest, Lincoln advance with blowouts
Michael Wright returns to Smith-Cotton after year as CTC director at State Fair Community College
Kehde Jr. paints mural on downtown shop
Rookie Reporter: Smith-Cotton High School Academic Team captures first in District Competition
Meetings 101: school board meeting policies addressed
- Michael Wright returns to Smith-Cotton after year as CTC director at State Fair Community College - 4:51 pm
- Kehde Jr. paints mural on downtown shop - 4:40 pm
- Rookie Reporter: Smith-Cotton High School Academic Team captures first in District Competition - 4:30 pm
- Meetings 101: school board meeting policies addressed - 4:26 pm
- Hanson joins staff at Kitto & Associates - 2:15 pm
- Dollar Tree to build distribution facility in Warrensburg - 12:09 pm
- Callis participates in AMI Digital Summit - 10:05 am
- April 25 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Smith-Cotton High School seniors provide inspiration to district’s elementary and middle school students - 10:43 pm updated: 2:10 pm.
- UPDATE: Johnson County woman admitted to husband’s murder - 5:44 pm updated: 6:28 pm.
- Rookie Reporter: Smith-Cotton to host annual Big Band Dance - 5:13 pm
- Parkview Elementary teacher Kylie Harness wins state teaching award - 4:15 pm
- Sedalia man arrested for DWI - 3:27 pm updated: 3:35 pm.
- April 24 Police Reports - 2:19 pm
- Man hurt in Saline crash - 7:04 pm
- Leroy Van Dyke’s name honored with Sedalia highway designation - 6:38 pm updated: 2:14 pm.
- Woman arrested in Sedalia for husband’s murder in Johnson County - 6:34 pm updated: 6:54 pm.
- Two arrested in Henry County during drug investigations - 5:44 pm
- Smith-Cotton High School marketing students use creativity to invent products - 4:47 pm
- Show-Me Christian Youth Home hosts weekend 5K - 4:42 pm
- Community calendar for April 24 to April 30 - 10:12 am updated: 2:45 pm.
- Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Waters found guilty for 2015 Central Bank of Sedalia robbery - 10:25 pm
- Child Safe therapy provides ‘safe space’ for victims - 8:28 pm
- Arabian Horse Show offers free Tails Tour - 5:50 pm
UPDATE: Johnson County woman admitted to husband’s murder
JOHNSON COUNTY — A Knob Noster woman arrested this weekend in connection with her husband’s murder admitted to the crime, court documents ...
Rookie Reporter: Smith-Cotton to host annual Big Band Dance
With the end of the school year around the corner the Smith-Cotton jazz band has been busy practicing and planning to end this school year with a big ...
Parkview Elementary teacher Kylie Harness wins state teaching award
Many individuals who enter the field of education do so because they have a strong desire to help children grow and learn.Kylie Harness, a kindergarte...
Sedalia man arrested for DWI
Sedalia man arrested for DWIA Sedalia man was arrested for driving while intoxicated after a single-vehicle accident at 1:05 a.m. Monday in Pettis Cou...
April 24 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Man hurt in Saline crash
A Sweet Springs man was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 10:35 a.m. Saturday in Saline County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report,...
Lady Tigers runner-up at S-C Tournament
Lady Tigers soccer got one of each result at the Smith-Cotton Tournament on Friday and Saturday at Heckart Pitch at Tiger Stadium in Sedalia.S-C opene...
Tipton boys, Cole Camp girls win conference track and field meet
Tipton’s boys and Cole Camp’s girls won the high school Kaysinger Conference Track and Field Meet, while the junior high Bluebirds swept t...
Kaysinger track and field play for conference
The Kaysinger Conference High School and Junior High Track and Field took place Friday, April 21 in at Morgan County R-II School in Versailles.Full re...
I like fishing for ‘ordinary’ blue catfish
If you’ve been blessed by a double dose of derring-do and don’t mind starting riots, stick your head into a room — preferably a barr...
Quick Hits, April 21
Stover tops field at home invitationalThe Stover Bulldogs golf team defended the Rollings Hills Country Club in Versailles at the Stover Invitational,...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Mr. and Mrs. Emmett Fairfax will celebrate their 63rd anniversary April 25.Alice Risler and Emmett Fairfax were married April 23, 1954, at the First U...
Caridad Lauron will observe her 89th birthday April 16.She was born April 16, 1928, in the Philippines.Caridad was married to the late Reynaldo Bregan...
Poteet birth announcement
Jerry and Theresa Poteet became the parents of a daughter, Isobel Rose Poteet, born March 30, 2017, at Bothwell Regional Health Center. She weighed 9 ...
BrockschmidtEmma Brockschmidt will observe her 99th birthday April 10.Emma was born April 10, 1918, in Ionia.She was married to the late Albert Brocks...
Pettis County Recorder of Deeds Barbara Clevenger recently issued marriage licenses to:Kenneth Ray Hostetler, 22, of Otterville to Sharla Ann Eigsti, ...
The Wolf Hunter of Sedalia
A note from Jack: Most of the people we meet as kids do not stick in our memories, especially those who are not members of our family or close friends...
The evolution of media consumption
The changing landscape of media consumption is pretty fascinating.The concept of “binge watching” escapes me. It’s not that I don...
Sedalia should strive to better use its assets
There are kind of a lot of city committees these days and many of them seem to operate in relative obscurity at least when compared to the Sedalia Ren...
Auditor tackles taxation districts
Self-dealing. Conflicts of interest. Taxation without representation.Missouri Auditor Nicole Galloway pointed to all those problems this week in a sca...
Mysterious death at the Atlantic Hotel
During the later decades of the 19th century, Sedalia was known for the crimes committed here. Gambling and prostitution were rife, as were theft and ...
Thank you for effort
Thank you to the many community members and companies who supported Building Strong Futures at State Fair Community College. I greatly appreciate all ...