Nixa tops Lady Tigers, 59-45
UCM hosts seven schools at indoor meet
State Fair Community College proposes bond for technical center
VIDEO: Sedalia Chapter, Missouri Right to Life hosts Memorial Observance
Trump sworn in as president
- State Fair Community College proposes bond for technical center - 7:32 pm
- VIDEO: Sedalia Chapter, Missouri Right to Life hosts Memorial Observance - 7:01 pm
- Trump sworn in as president - 6:40 pm
- Jan. 20 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Boys & Girls Club announces Youth of the Year - 9:57 pm
- Dense Fog Advisory issued for Pettis County - 4:26 pm
- Suspect identified in Columbia officer-involved shooting - 12:53 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- Jan. 19 Police Reports - 12:34 pm
- Focus on Fatherhood Network offers programs in Pettis - 7:26 pm
- Missouri State Chorale to perform at presidential inauguration - 7:13 pm
- Harbor Freight Tools coming to Sedalia - 7:10 pm
- State Fair Community College sees significant cut in state funding - 7:05 pm
- Jan. 18 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Candidate filing closes for April municipal election - 9:26 pm updated: 3:09 pm.
- Sedalia Police Department testing license plate recognition system - 9:22 pm
- Northwest Elementary principal resigns - 5:30 pm
- Impact Signs installs signage for Radio Shack, Sprint Store - 5:02 pm
- Portion of Key Hydraulics ‘total loss’ after fire - 4:26 pm
- Wilson Toellner named 2016 Best Accounting Firm to Work For - 11:09 am
- Kansas man seriously hurt in Pettis County accident - 10:43 am
- Living Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech - 10:28 pm
- Two hurt in Henry County crash - 7:40 pm
- Council to discuss Sedalia Police Department projects - 6:19 pm
- Jan. 17 Police Reports - 5:21 pm
- Kingsville man hurt in wreck - 4:40 pm
Missouri State Chorale to perform at presidential inauguration
Missourians watching Friday’s presidential inauguration ceremony may recognize the name of one of the musical groups performing, as the Missouri...
Harbor Freight Tools coming to Sedalia
Sedalians will soon have a new retail option for purchasing tools.Harbor Freight Tools has announced it will open in mid-March at 1705 W. Broadway Blv...
State Fair Community College sees significant cut in state funding
State Fair Community College officials are determining how they will deal with a substantial mid-year budget cut by the state.Gov. Eric Greitens cut m...
Jan. 18 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Candidate filing closes for April municipal election
Editor’s note: This article has been updated to include additional information about Village of Hughesville candidates that was not made availab...
Sedalia Police Department testing license plate recognition system
The Sedalia Police Department is testing a new license plate recognition system in hopes of eventually purchasing the system for its officers.SPD Cmdr...
Williams’ 23 points leads Smith-Cotton over Hogan Prep, 64-53, to open McDonald’s Classic
Smith-Cotton overcame an 11-point deficit with an effective press defense and a 23-point performance from Kiara Williams to open the S-C/McDonald̵...
Prep Roundup, Jan. 19
COLLEGE WOMEN’S BASKETBALLState Fair Community College 67, Moberly Area Community College 65Alexis Cowan, Region 16 Division I Player of the Wee...
Smith-Cotton Tigers claim West Central Conference wrestling title
Defeating Nevada, O’Hara and Warrensburg, Smith-Cotton wrestling captured its second consecutive West Central Conference championship — an...
Prep Roundup, Jan. 18
HIGH SCHOOLBOY’S BASKETBALLSacred Heart 78, Stover 46The Gremlins picked up win No. 10 Tuesday with a 78-46 victory over Stover in Sedalia.Trent...
Smithton explodes early, smother La Monte 75-32 at home
Smithton boy’s basketball outclassed La Monte in size, depth and basketball moxie Tuesday in a 75-32 victory at home.Against the Tigers’ r...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Alan and Carol Koch, of Lee’s Summit, announce the engagement of their daughter, Lacy Koch, of Valley Park, to Garrett Kelchner, of Shrewsberry....
Boonslick Regional Library Popular Books for Jan. 17Fiction: “Never Never,” by James Patterson and Candice Fox.“Ring of Fire,”...
BRL2Go Outreach Service Schedule
Boonslick Regional LibraryMonday:La Monte R-IV School.La Monte Senior Housing.La Monte Bristol Manor.Wednesday: Drop site, Cole Camp Senior Center (op...
BrownJacqueline Brown will observe her 85th birthday Jan. 26.She was born Jan. 26, 1932, in Schushing, Oklahoma.Jacqueline is married to the Morris ...
Olsen West begins wellness program
On Nov. 7, 2016, Kindred At Home, number one provider of post acute care, launched “Step On It” at Olsen West Apartments.Kindred At Home, ...
Alzheimer’s gains must continue
Dear Editor,The Senate will soon hold hearings to determine who the next Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) will be. President Trump has nom...
1917: Lona Theater opens
On Sunday, Aug. 8, 1917, the Sedalia Democrat announced the opening on Thursday, Aug. 12, of “Sedalia’s magnificent and pretty amusement p...
Inclement weather not a time to panic
Being a meteorologist is probably difficult sometimes.On one hand, you want to provide sufficient warning when a severe weather event is likely to occ...
Rant on rental ordinance
I just read the Democrat front page article landlords against ordinance. Many arguments made by the LSA are laughable at best. We own our house outrig...
Health care directives help families
Over the past couple of months, I have worked with several clients regarding the same thing: A health care directive. This is a newer, fancier name fo...
That hoppy sweater
Editor’s Note: This is the second of three columns about Jack Miller’s memoriesThe amazing thing is, that I didn’t get a permanent r...