Smith-Cotton students teach heart health
Smith-Cotton boys, girls eliminated at districts
Sedalia City Council adds officers, no COLA raise in FY18 budget
Sedalia school board approves budget amendments
Gremlins defeat Smithton for district title
- Smith-Cotton students teach heart health - 11:09 pm
- Sedalia City Council adds officers, no COLA raise in FY18 budget - 10:26 pm
- Sedalia school board approves budget amendments - 10:06 pm
- Three hurt in Saline County crash - 6:30 pm
- Five hurt in Henry County crash - 4:48 pm
- Feb. 27 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Sedalia school board to discuss budget amendments at meeting - 8:52 pm
- Sedalia couple creates community Pirates Garden - 7:26 pm
- 20th annual Cupid’s Ball draws record crowd Saturday - 5:51 pm
- Sedalia City Council to host budget work session - 5:08 pm updated: 6:58 pm.
- International Pro Rodeo Association delights families Friday and Saturday - 4:22 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 1:24 pm
- Feb. 25 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Having fun with agriculture - 8:47 pm
- Prescription drug abuse poses problems - 8:43 pm
- Donor helps libary buy Launchpads - 6:58 pm
- Sedalia man charged in armed robbery - 6:27 pm updated: 6:02 pm.
- Crash Reports - 4:47 pm
- A century of song and dance - 4:10 pm
- Smithton celebrates National FFA Week - 12:36 pm
- Man hurt in motorcycle wreck - 10:54 am
- Feb. 24 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Cast selected for Smith-Cotton spring play - 9:04 pm
- Missouri State Fair Maintenance preps arena for weekend rodeo - 6:58 pm
- Royal Oaks Hospital begins expansion - 6:51 pm updated: 6:51 pm.
Sedalia City Council to host budget work session
The Sedalia City Council will host a budget work session at 6 p.m. today to make decisions regarding Fiscal Year 2017-18.City staff have been working ...
International Pro Rodeo Association delights families Friday and Saturday
Cowboys rush to aid a rider getting ready to exit his horse during the bare back competition portion of the International Professional Rodeo Associati...
To have your event or meeting listed, send details to [email protected] or call 826-1000 ext. 1481.MONDAY9:30 a.m.: Church Women United at Visi...
Feb. 25 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Having fun with agriculture
Students at Northwest High School in Hughesville concluded National FFA Week in a fun way by hosting an Ag Olympics in the gym Friday afternoon.“...
Prescription drug abuse poses problems
In the Democrat’s last article about heroin in Pettis County, local law enforcement officials all gave roughly the same picture — while he...
Gremlins defeat Smithton for district title
Gremlins basketball returned to the Class 2 state tournament with a victory Saturday, Feb. 25 over the District 14 hosts, Smithton, 64-38.The Tigers (...
Smith-Cotton shoots past Warrensburg in OT, 83-78
WARRENSBURG — Shooters shoot. On Friday night, Smith-Cotton’s “Shooter” unloaded with deadly accuracy.Senior Derek Gehlken sco...
Kaysinger All-Conference teams selected
The All-Kaysinger Conference boy’s and girl’s basketball teams were announced Friday.The Tipton Lady Cardinals won the Kaysinger Conferenc...
A quick tour of Missouri’s four trout parks
If memory serves — and on this admittedly rare occasion I think it does — this will be the first time in nearly 34 years I’ve run es...
State Fair softball opens inaugural season with walk-off grand slam
MacKenze Gudde was cold.In sports, the term sometimes means to be emotionless and effective in critical situations.Surrounded by former Cole Camp team...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
WSL donates to Open Door
The Women’s Service League (WSL) of Sedalia presented a $300 donation to Open Door Service Center Director Jack Menges. Menges was the feature p...
S-C’s Theatre for a Cause raise money for orphans
Vanessa, played by Olivia Smith, bids farewell to her father, portrayed by Avery Mather, in the closing scene of the Smith-Cotton High School Theatre ...
Old Drum Open Mic slated for March 2
WARRENSBURG — Warrensburg’s next Old Drum Open Mic session is shaping up with story tellers, poets, short story writers and musicians cuei...
Daum hosts day-long development session
On Tuesday, Feb. 21, Daum Museum of Contemporary Art hosted 31 educators from Horace Mann Elementary School and seven museum docents in a day-long pro...
Parkview students use lessons to help classmates
Parkview Elementary School second graders transferred classroom lessons into a service project to benefit students at their school.As part of their un...
‘Better than a quart of oil’
When I was in college, the old ‘64 Ford I drove had 115,000 miles on it. There were 289 engines that had many times that number of miles on them...
Iwo Jima, Feb. 19, 1945: A five-week bloodbath
I was born into a wonderful family in the most wonderful country there ever was. So were thousands of other boys.I enjoyed life, I loved all the thing...
‘Are you ready to come home to the Missouri State Fair?’
The Missouri State Fair information season is officially underway with the recent reveal of the 2017 Fair theme: “Come Home.” Prepare for ...
Special days at the Missouri State Fair
The summer of 1930 was exceedingly hot. During the first and second weeks of August, the Sedalia Democrat reported temperatures of over 100 degrees wi...
Smoking is just a memory
Religion and politics are among the few subjects I can think of that are discussed more than smoking when a group of people gather and, depending on w...
Valentine’s Day can be irritating … sometimes
As you undoubtedly know, Valentine’s Day, the most irritating holiday ever, was this past Tuesday. I usually look askance on Valentine’s D...