Sedalia 200 adopts changes to Hall Of Fame
‘The Walking Dead’ zombie actor visits Sedalia over the weekend
Tickets remain for S-C project graduation fundraiser
Green Ridge runner-up at sectionals
A celebration of faith
- Oct. 25 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Sedalia 200 adopts changes to Hall Of Fame - 9:56 pm
- Ridge Prairie Road closed for bridge replacement - 7:21 pm
- Oct. 25 Crash Reports - 6:25 pm updated: 6:29 pm.
- ‘The Walking Dead’ zombie actor visits Sedalia over the weekend - 5:21 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- A celebration of faith - 9:50 pm
- Board to discuss food service program - 7:56 pm
- Teen authors autograph “Budding Bards Vol. 2” at Boonslick Regional Library - 7:35 pm updated: 7:35 pm.
- UPDATE: Three sustain injuries in Saturday accident - 7:28 pm
- Man’s death determined to be suicide - 6:57 pm
- Community Calendar for Oct. 24 to Oct. 30 - 4:15 pm
- Accident sends three to hospital - 1:22 pm updated: 2:05 pm.
- UPDATED: Man found dead after 4-hour standoff - 9:41 pm updated: 6:08 pm.
- Local Task Force One member called to serve - 7:50 pm
- Pettis County Commission tests new road material - 6:14 pm
- Organ donation, family help local man through medical struggles - 5:39 pm
- A fall down basement stairs helped woman discover breast cancer - 5:30 pm
- Sedalia saying goodbye to Bings Grocery Stores - 5:20 pm updated: 3:58 pm.
- Community Calendar for Oct. 16 to Oct. 23 - 11:07 am
- Oct. 21 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Manufacturing Milestone banquet honors local companies - 11:49 pm
- American Horseman Challenge National Finals create teamwork - 7:23 pm
- Three families named Century Farm families - 7:01 pm
- Crash Reports - 6:43 pm
- LifeLine Band’s musical, Christian chemistry reaches others - 5:18 pm
- Two injured in parking lot crash in Sedalia - 5:16 pm
- Oct. 20 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Linda Christle leaving large impact on business community - 9:39 pm updated: 9:41 pm.
- Crash Reports - 8:18 pm
- Teresa Hensley touts courtroom experience in attorney general’s race - 7:57 pm
- Moore’s Greenhouse hosts contest for a cause - 7:28 pm
- A ‘FIT’ting job serving others - 6:10 pm updated: 8:28 pm.
- Woman hurt in Johnson County wreck - 11:30 am
- Oct. 19 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Hayden Liberty Center Association for the Arts to host open house - 9:48 pm
- Community leaders tour Sedalia FIT program’s success - 8:18 pm
- Historic downtown business for sale - 7:00 pm
- Schwenk competes insurance training - 1:52 pm
- Yeager’s Cycles donates for breast cancer awareness - 12:36 pm
- Callis selected as Missouri State Fair’s marketing partner - 11:33 am
- Two injured in Moniteau County crash - 9:33 am
- Oct. 18 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Sedalia making progress with trash, recycling changes - 9:40 pm
- ‘15 to Finish’ issues challenge to students - 9:15 pm
- Sedalia firefighters visit Pettis County Early Childhood Cooperative for Fire Safety Month - 7:09 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Portion of East 13th Street to close for utility work - 1:40 pm
- Police Reports - 6:01 pm
- Sedalia City Council to hear updates on sanitation, economic development - 5:04 pm
- S-C Vocal Music department offers fall concert - 4:39 pm
- Smithton receives $10,000 Monsanto Grant - 4:37 pm
Man’s death determined to be suicide
A police response to a shooting Friday in the 200 block of South Park Avenue ended with the discovery of a man who was found dead from an apparent sel...
Community Calendar for Oct. 24 to Oct. 30
To have your event or meeting listed, send details to [email protected] or call 826-1000 ext. 1481.TODAY10 a.m.: Show-Me Mad Tatters, Universit...
Accident sends three to hospital
Members of the Pettis County Ambulance District, Sedalia Police Department, Sedalia Fire Department and bystanders care for an elderly patient at the ...
UPDATED: Man found dead after 4-hour standoff
UPDATE Saturday, 12: 47 p.m: The identity of a Friday night shooting victim has been released. According to Pettis County Coroner Skip Smith, the vict...
Local Task Force One member called to serve
Whenever there is a need to help people, first responders answer the call, no matter what the time or location.For Jeremy Pepin, a member of the Sedal...
Pettis County Commission tests new road material
The Pettis County Commission has come up with an innovative new material mixture for chip-and-seal that also helps the environment.States across the U...
Smith-Cotton boys swim win conference
Smith-Cotton boys swim and dive won its first West Central Conference title in three years by 99 points Monday at Joseph W. Arbisi Memorial Pool in Se...
Santa Fe eliminates Sacred Heart
Santa Fe, the defending Class 1 Missouri State volleyball champions, defeated Sacred Heart in two sets Wednesday to claim the District 11 tournament a...
Kickin’ it: Smith-Cotton football has leaders in specialists
Snap, hold, kick.In football, the process is as essential as breathing, and just as fatal when corrupted.This season, the snap, hold and kick has been...
Quick Hits, Oct. 18
HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALLGrain Valley 2, Smith-Cotton 0The No. 6 seed Lady Tigers fell to Grain Valley in the Class 4, District 9 tournament at Hickman H...
Smith-Cotton boys second, Edgar third overall at West Central Conference meet
Smith-Cotton sophomore Grace Edgar placed third overall in the West Central Conference Cross-Country meet Monday, Oct. 17 at Warrensburg High School i...
Tigers trounced on senior night, 49-17
On a night Smith-Cotton required a near-perfect performance to upset a West Central Conference top-dog, the Tigers turned in a doozy.The Center Yellow...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Gregory, of Houstonia, announce the engagement of their daughter, Devann Renee Gregory, to Benjamin Michael Catlett, of Corder. He ...
Karen and Dave Benson, of Sedalia, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kayla Renee Benson, to Craig Eric McAndrews, the son of Cheryl and Tim M...
Anna Marie Bellamy will celebrate her 95th birthday with a reception hosted by her family from 2 to 4 p.m Sunday, Oct. 30 at the Sacred Heart High Sch...
Hayden Liberty Center Association for the Arts to host open house
The Hayden Liberty Center Association for the Arts will unveil the new Betty Hopkins Wing with two events this week.On Thursday, the center will host ...
Art & Event Happenings
Chase McRoy and The Vincents to play Oct. 22Chase McRoy and The Vincents will play Oct. 22 at Dickie Doo Bar-B-Que, 4860 S. Limit Ave. Bobbi Houston a...
Driving while texting kills
Have you seen the commercials on television that have this slogan? StopTextsStopWrecks.They are pretty graphic. One tells the story of a young woman w...
A sad farewell to my old Navy shipmates
I’ve never been a big reunion-goer, making only a few of my high school and college class get-togethers over the years.But I made one exception:...
Robert Walker and Sedalia Waterworks
Nineteenth century Sedalia was justly proud of its civic amenities and city residents were willing to float bonds in order to pay for things such as s...
Sedalians must recycle more
The switchboards lit up when the City of Sedalia started its curbside recycling program. I’ve never seen and heard such a continuous slew of com...
Landmarks in my mind
There is a picture that comes to my mind every time I drive by or go into the Sheriff’s Building downtown.It is a picture that was taken on the ...