Stover falls at Pilot Grove Classic
Sedalia citizens encouraged to enter holiday light contest
Family-owned Wassam Farm and Fence is expanding
Snow possible Wednesday in Sedalia
Roadrunners reach out at the barber shop
- Sedalia citizens encouraged to enter holiday light contest - 8:36 pm
- Family-owned Wassam Farm and Fence is expanding - 8:34 pm
- Cases resolved in Pettis County Circuit Court - 5:33 pm
- Local dentist honored with award - 3:32 pm
- Road closure on 20th Street extended - 2:32 pm
- Grounds staff brings home national award for UCM - 1:28 pm
- Snow possible Wednesday in Sedalia - 12:44 pm
- Dec. 6 Police Reports - 11:51 am
- Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare receives award - 11:25 am
- Holden woman injured in Johnson County wreck - 9:43 am
- Sedalia 200 orchestras perform winter concerts - 10:26 pm
- Downtown Sedalia continuing to attract business - 10:12 pm updated: 2:59 pm.
- Two injured in Morgan County crash - 9:40 pm
- Woman injured in Benton County wreck - 7:30 pm
- Two hurt in Benton County crash - 6:00 pm
- Stover man arrested for DWI - 5:59 pm
- VIDEO: Sedalia Symphony presents Handel’s ‘Messiah’ on Sunday - 4:38 pm
- Edwards teen seriously injured in accident - 4:02 pm
- Dec. 5 Police Reports - 3:27 pm
- Community Calendar for Dec. 5 to Dec. 11 - 6:00 am updated: 6:00 am.
- State Fair Community College Craft Show draws record crowd - 7:07 pm
- Sedalia City Council to hear downtown Sedalia report - 5:22 pm
- Accident injures three Saturday on Broadway - 5:07 pm
- Annual Sedalia Christmas Parade brings crowds, winners - 4:23 pm
- Portion of 20th Street to close Monday - 3:04 pm
Holden woman injured in Johnson County wreck
A Holden woman was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 8:40 a.m. Monday in Johnson County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Ter...
Sedalia 200 orchestras perform winter concerts
Violin player Alena Weng performs “Gift of Christmas” with the Smith-Cotton Junior High sixth grade orchestra as part of the Winter Orches...
Downtown Sedalia continuing to attract business
The Sedalia City Council heard the Sedalia Downtown Development Inc. annual report during its meeting Monday night, learning about several new busines...
Two injured in Morgan County crash
Two people were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 9:28 p.m. Friday in Morgan County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Jacqueline...
Woman injured in Benton County wreck
A Warsaw woman sustained moderate injuries in a two-vehicle accident at 6:50 p.m. Saturday in Benton County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patr...
Two hurt in Benton County crash
Two men were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 8:32 p.m. Friday in Benton County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Micky G. Corn...
Kaysinger All-Conference Football announced
Lincoln led the way with nine Kaysinger All-Conference football selections, with seven first-team players on the 2016 list released earlier this week....
New Bloomfield sweeps Tipton Tournament
Two Kaysinger conference basketball teams woke up Saturday with a shot at winning the Tipton Basketball Tournament. However, Smithton’s boys and...
Grupe selected for All-State football 2nd team
Senior kicker Blake Grupe leads the post-season honors for Smith-Cotton Tigers football players.Grupe was selected All-State Second Team and made the ...
Prep Roundup, Dec. 5
HIGH SCHOOLBOYS BASKETBALLSacred Heart 78, Camdenton 57The Gremlins won its fifth-place matchup in the Marshall Tournament 78-57 Saturday over Camdent...
Prep Roundup, Dec. 3
HIGH SCHOOLBOYS BASKETBALLLATE THURSDAY RESULTSLincoln 65, Cole Camp 53Mason Sanders had 16 points and six rebounds in a 65-53 Lincoln victory over Co...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
LammTech Presents ‘A Christmas Carol,’ gives hope
The holiday tradition continues as LammTech partners with the Arrow Rock Lyceum Theatre for the third year in a row. Charles Dickens’ “A C...
SFCC to present holiday concerts Dec. 9-10
The State Fair Community College Music Arts program invites the community to its 2016 holiday music concerts at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9-10 in the Stauffacher...
New Sedalia Visual Art Association show opens
New works by two Sedalia Visual Art Association members were installed Friday at the Municipal Building featuring oils, pastels and book illustrations...
Pettis County Recorder of Deeds Barbara Clevenger recently issued marriage licenses to:Daniel Allan Nichols, 36, and Renee Lynn Nasser, 24, both of Co...
Todd Oliver and his talking dog visit Parkview Elementary
Parkview Elementary students had a few special guests at school Wednesday afternoon — comedian and ventriloquist Todd Oliver and his friends, Jo...
Do your part to recycle
Max’s and my recycling history is extensive. I began recycling before I moved to Sedalia, and because Sedalia had no recycling facilities, we to...
Truth is truth, whether you believe it or not
Something I learned more than 30 years ago remains as true today as the day I first heard it in a journalism classroom at Franklin College. It also se...
Railroad safety was concern in Sedalia
In the 19th century when railroads were being developed, many feared the new technology was dangerous. Anti-railroad propagandists in Philadelphia pla...
Calling all strange sightings
I strive each day to live my life and write my columns based on the best facts available. I try to work through problems logically. But despite that I...
That age thing
Once again I am forced to write about the age thing. This time I have been prompted by a news story I read in an old magazine about a woman who was st...
Thanksgiving is a time for families to reflect
A few days ago, my Aunt Susie posted on Facebook a photo taken by my grandfather, the family shutterbug, on Thanksgiving Day, 1960. I was seven years ...