Tigers sweep season series with O’Hara
Education, awareness key for Child Safe
Sedalia Area Farmers’ Market opens May 5
Pettis County to expect roughly 4 inches of rain this weekend
State Fair Community College Foundation hosts annual Donor-Scholar Luncheon
- April 29 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Two hurt in Johnson County wreck - 10:24 pm
- Education, awareness key for Child Safe - 8:01 pm
- Kansas City man killed in Henry County motorcycle accident - 5:30 pm
- Sedalia Area Farmers’ Market opens May 5 - 5:23 pm
- Pettis County to expect roughly 4 inches of rain this weekend - 5:20 pm
- State Fair Community College Foundation hosts annual Donor-Scholar Luncheon - 5:18 pm
- Hobby Lobby Chairman Matt Green to speak at Lutheran Bible Translators mission event - 5:13 pm
- Healthy U students looking to long-term solutions - 4:13 pm
- UPDATE: Springfield man killed in Thursday night motorcycle accident in Sedalia - 11:40 am
- Man severely injured in West Broadway Boulevard accident - 10:21 pm
- April 28 Police Reports - 9:03 pm
- Dozens show support for sexual, domestic abuse survivors at CASA walk - 9:02 pm
- Heard House fundraiser to host Historic Sedalia Sites Tour - 6:21 pm
- CIT training de-escalates mental health crisis situations - 6:16 pm updated: 6:51 pm.
- Knob Noster School District promotes positive self-image for junior high students - 2:46 pm updated: 4:48 pm.
- April 27 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Two more charged in Knob Noster murder - 8:47 pm
- April 27 Crash Reports - 5:50 pm updated: 5:58 pm.
- 27th annual United Doberman Club Nationals hosted at fairgrounds - 5:42 pm
- Hundreds protest suicides, bullying in Sedalia - 5:39 pm updated: 5:42 pm.
- One youth injured in accident - 5:21 pm
- Bible Truck, traveling exhibit detailing history of the Bible, set to arrive in Sedalia - 5:16 pm
- April 26 Police Reports - 2:19 pm
- Michael Wright returns to Smith-Cotton after year as CTC director at State Fair Community College - 4:51 pm
UPDATE: Springfield man killed in Thursday night motorcycle accident in Sedalia
A Springfield man died after Thursday night’s motorcycle accident on West Broadway Boulevard.According to a Sedalia Police Department news relea...
Man severely injured in West Broadway Boulevard accident
A man was taken to the hospital with “severe” injuries after a two-vehicle accident Thursday night on West Broadway Boulevard.The Sedalia ...
April 28 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Dozens show support for sexual, domestic abuse survivors at CASA walk
A group of local citizens made the walk from Bothwell Regional Health Center to the Pettis County Courthouse on Thursday evening to raise awareness fo...
Heard House fundraiser to host Historic Sedalia Sites Tour
The second annual Historic Sedalia Sites Tour, a fundraiser for the Heard Memorial Club House, will take place Saturday afternoon featuring three home...
CIT training de-escalates mental health crisis situations
Thirty-eight people involved with mental health and law enforcement from six jurisdictions completed the fourth day of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) ...
State Fair’s Pannier pleased as seasons close
With the final home Roadrunners baseball game in rear view and State Fair Community College softball opening postseason play Friday, the four new athl...
Quick Hits, April 25
HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALLSmith-Cotton 7, Warrensburg 1Alec Luyet gave up one run on four hits and a walk during a complete-game perforance, beating Warrens...
Northwest, Lincoln advance with blowouts
Northwest and Lincoln will showcase a Kaysinger Conference Tournament championship game between teams with identical season goals: win conference and ...
Top three advance in Kaysinger baseball tournament
Delayed from a scheduled Saturday start, the Kaysinger Conference Baseball Tournament commenced Monday with seven games in three locations.After the d...
Kaysinger baseball tourney rescheduled for Monday
The Kaysinger Conference Baseball Tournament, rescheduled after weekend rain, begins in three locations 3 p.m. Monday.Windsor joins Cole Camp and Linc...
Lady Tigers runner-up at S-C Tournament
Lady Tigers soccer got one of each result at the Smith-Cotton Tournament on Friday and Saturday at Heckart Pitch at Tiger Stadium in Sedalia.S-C opene...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Schuber birth announcement
Tyler and Laura Schuber, of Sedalia, became the parents of a son, Theodore William Schuber, born at 7:24 a.m. March 6, 2017, at Bothwell Regional Heal...
Mid-Missouri Artists April Program: The Art of Kathy Liao
WARRENSBURG — The public is invited to join members of Mid-Missouri Artists, Inc. at their Thursday, April 27, 2017, meeting which will feature ...
Old Drum Open Mic call for submissions
WARRENSBURG — This is an open call for comics, playwrights, memoirists, poets, novelists, story tellers, composers, and songwriters to present t...
40 & 8 awards scholarship to Bailey
Voiture 333, 40 & 8 Cmdr. Don Barbour presents Holly Bailey a $500 check. Bailey was the veteran organization’s Nurses Scholarship winner th...
Applewood Christian School presents ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
A bit of musical tradition will be brought to the community through the efforts of not only Applewood Christian School students, but parents and local...
Mr. and Mrs. Emmett Fairfax will celebrate their 63rd anniversary April 25.Alice Risler and Emmett Fairfax were married April 23, 1954, at the First U...
Boys and Girls Clubs of West Central Missouri works to build Great Futures locally
Boys and Girls Clubs of West Central Missouri wants philanthropy to become an annual habit for area residents.In May the club launches the Great Futur...
Requirements for a healthy marriage
During the wedding rehearsal, the groom approached the pastor with an unusual offer. The groom said, “Pastor, I will give you $100 if you will c...
Henry Toggenbarger’s death
On August 17, 1885, word spread through Sedalia that Henry Toggenberger was dead in a room at the Atlantic Hotel, located on St. Louis Street. Nellie ...
Parents, get involved with children’s lives
I was having a little trouble coming up with something to write about this week so I decided to turn to the good people of the Sedalia’s Voices ...
Spring cleaning for the home tour
In preparation for next weekend’s home tour, I have been scurrying about, trying to get rid of some of the “stuff” that has accumula...
The Wolf Hunter of Sedalia
A note from Jack: Most of the people we meet as kids do not stick in our memories, especially those who are not members of our family or close friends...