Roadrunners split doubleheader with Allen County Red Devils
Smith-Cotton instrumental students to perform Thursday, Friday
Harbor Freight taking shape
Missouri House moves forward on Real ID
Missouri Treasurer Eric Schmitt encourages saving accounts
- Smith-Cotton instrumental students to perform Thursday, Friday - 7:19 pm
- Harbor Freight taking shape - 6:45 pm
- Missouri House moves forward on Real ID - 6:24 pm
- Missouri Treasurer Eric Schmitt encourages saving accounts - 6:22 pm
- Vermont Park improvements well underway - 5:45 pm
- Woman killed in Saline County accident - 5:25 pm
- Feb. 22 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- City of Sedalia budgeting 1.5% sales tax revenue increase for FY18 - 10:04 pm updated: 11:58 am.
- New principal named at Northwest Elementary - 8:52 pm
- Man arrested for beating dog - 6:29 pm
- Crash Reports - 6:24 pm
- Feb. 21 Crash Reports - 3:12 pm
- Feb. 21 Police Reports - 2:52 pm
- Womble receives Shine King award - 1:58 pm
- Sunny, warm weather draws fishermen to Clover Dell Lake - 1:50 pm updated: 2:46 pm.
- Ribbon cutting at new Zaxby’s in Warrensburg - 11:01 am
- Sedalia City Council to discuss budget, demolition permits - 7:39 pm
- Absentee voting begins Tuesday for April 4 municipal election - 6:04 pm
- Former Sedalians return, purchase State Fair Floral - 4:57 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- CRASH REPORTS - 7:55 pm
- Smithton Community Fire Department hosts dinner - 6:32 pm
- Hughesville superintendent resigns - 6:30 pm updated: 2:57 pm.
- VIDEO: NFPB hosts 22nd annual bullriding event - 6:24 pm
- Amber alert for sex offender accused of abducting child - 5:13 pm
Man arrested for beating dog
A Sedalia man was arrested around noon Tuesday after officers responded to a report of animal abuse.According to a Sedalia Police Department report, J...
Teens hurt in Morgan accidentTwo Versailles teenagers were injured in a single-vehicle accident at 7:44 a.m. Tuesday in Morgan County.According to a M...
Feb. 21 Crash Reports
Sedalia woman hurt in crashA Sedalia woman was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 3:25 p.m. Sunday in Johnson County.According to a Missouri Stat...
Feb. 21 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Womble receives Shine King award
Rick Womble, owner of Strip & Wax Floor Co., recently received a Shine King award from Aaron Landon, formerly with the Center for Human Services. ...
Sunny, warm weather draws fishermen to Clover Dell Lake
Monday’s rain gave way to sunny skies and Cal and Gail Ekstrom, of Sedalia, decided to try their hand at fishing Tuesday morning at Clover Dell ...
Roadrunners drop 10th straight
State Fair men’s basketball lost its 10th straight game Tuesday, 84-72, to the Iowa Western Community College Reivers.As the losses pile up for ...
Prep Roundup, Feb. 21
HIGH SCHOOLGIRL’S BASKETBALLTipton 63, Lincoln 31Maddie Eldringhoff led Tipton with 20 points in a 63-31 victory against Lincoln girl’s ba...
S-C wrestlers close out season
Smith-Cotton Wrestling’s state tournament run came to an end on Friday, Feb. 17, when Blake Pomajzl lost in the second round wrestle-backs in th...
State Fair Community College baseball leaps into new era
Between little league, high school, junior and senior Legion and now college baseball, Chase Plymell and Steven Bradbury have worn more than five diff...
State Fair women edge Moberly, Roadrunner men slip again
State Fair women’s basketball forced three shot-clock violations against Moberly Area Community College on Saturday, with the third occurring wi...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Strathman birth announcement
Brandon Michael and Letitia Ann (Gerlt) Strathman became the parents of a son, Killian Michael Strathman, born Jan. 27, 2017, at Western Missouri Medi...
Raymond Hansen will celebrate his 99th birthday Feb. 25 with a family dinner hosted by his daughter Judy Maggard.He was born Feb. 25, 1918, in Ionia.R...
Auto Club helps students
The West Central Missouri Vintage Auto Club presented two $500 scholarships to Automotive Technology students at State Fair Community College on Feb. ...
Mr. and Mrs. Paul Williams will celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary with a family dinner, hosted by their children, Feb. 11 at their home in Sed...
Mr. and Mrs. John Lentz, of La Monte, will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary Feb. 19.Lucinda Joyce Breshears and John Lentz were married Feb. 1...
UCM Department of Theatre and Dance receives awards
WARRENSBURG — KCACTF Festival 49 took place in Des Moines, Iowa from Jan. 22 to 28. The Department of Theatre and Dance took 40 students and fac...
Smoking is just a memory
Religion and politics are among the few subjects I can think of that are discussed more than smoking when a group of people gather and, depending on w...
Valentine’s Day can be irritating … sometimes
As you undoubtedly know, Valentine’s Day, the most irritating holiday ever, was this past Tuesday. I usually look askance on Valentine’s D...
Some fun, interesing Presidents Day facts
Growing up in Indiana, there was one morsel of presidential trivia we all knew: William Henry Harrison had the shortest tenure in the White House, las...
Athletic Hall of fame adds stars
Athletic Hall of fame adds starsDear Editor,The Smith-Cotton Athletic Hall of Fame grew brighter with the addition of four stars on Feb. 3. Activities...
German immigrant Fred Helm
Missouri became home to many immigrants from Germany during the 19th century. Travelers from Germany such as Gottfried Duden visited Missouri and wrot...
New Woods Market to make its debut
Things are always going to change. There are some people who are so afraid of that fact that they let it define them. But we should keep in mind that ...