A century of song and dance
Cast selected for Smith-Cotton spring play
Missouri State Fair Maintenance preps arena for weekend rodeo
Royal Oaks Hospital begins expansion
Roadrunners split doubleheader with Allen County Red Devils
- Donor helps libary buy Launchpads - 6:58 pm
- Sedalia man charged in armed robbery - 6:27 pm
- Crash Reports - 4:47 pm
- A century of song and dance - 4:10 pm
- Smithton celebrates National FFA Week - 12:36 pm
- Man hurt in motorcycle wreck - 10:54 am
- Feb. 24 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Cast selected for Smith-Cotton spring play - 9:04 pm
- Missouri State Fair Maintenance preps arena for weekend rodeo - 6:58 pm
- Royal Oaks Hospital begins expansion - 6:51 pm updated: 6:51 pm.
- Cases recently resolved in Pettis County Circuit Court - 4:21 pm
- Columbia man hurt in Pettis County accident - 3:09 pm
- Woman hurt in Johnson County crash - 3:08 pm updated: 3:09 pm.
- Sedalia man injured in Pettis County accident - 3:08 pm
- Two hurt in Johnson County wreck - 3:07 pm
- Woman hurt in Moniteau County crash - 3:07 pm
- Feb. 23 Police Reports - 2:19 pm
- Smith-Cotton instrumental students to perform Thursday, Friday - 7:19 pm
- Harbor Freight taking shape - 6:45 pm
- Missouri House moves forward on Real ID - 6:24 pm
- Missouri Treasurer Eric Schmitt encourages saving accounts - 6:22 pm
- Vermont Park improvements well underway - 5:45 pm
- Woman killed in Saline County accident - 5:25 pm
- Feb. 22 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- City of Sedalia budgeting 1.5% sales tax revenue increase for FY18 - 10:04 pm updated: 11:58 am.
Royal Oaks Hospital begins expansion
This week marks the beginning of an expansion project at Royal Oaks Hospital in Windsor, adding more space to assist more mental health patients in th...
Cases recently resolved in Pettis County Circuit Court
The following is a sampling of cases that were resolved Feb. 21 during Law Day in the Pettis County Circuit Court.Stephen E. Lindsey Jr., 42, of Sedal...
Columbia man hurt in Pettis County accident
A Columbia man was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 1:45 p.m. Tuesday in Pettis County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Rob...
Woman hurt in Johnson County crash
A Warrensburg woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 4:34 p.m. Tuesday in Johnson County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report, ...
Sedalia man injured in Pettis County accident
A Sedalia man sustained moderate injuries in a single-vehicle accident at 6:20 p.m. Tuesday in Pettis County.According to a Missouri State Highway Pat...
Two hurt in Johnson County wreck
Two men sustained minor injuries in a two-vehicle accident at 8:27 p.m. Tuesday in Johnson County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report,...
Roadrunners drop 10th straight
State Fair men’s basketball lost its 10th straight game Tuesday, 84-72, to the Iowa Western Community College Reivers.As the losses pile up for ...
Prep Roundup, Feb. 21
HIGH SCHOOLGIRL’S BASKETBALLTipton 63, Lincoln 31Maddie Eldringhoff led Tipton with 20 points in a 63-31 victory against Lincoln girl’s ba...
S-C wrestlers close out season
Smith-Cotton Wrestling’s state tournament run came to an end on Friday, Feb. 17, when Blake Pomajzl lost in the second round wrestle-backs in th...
State Fair Community College baseball leaps into new era
Between little league, high school, junior and senior Legion and now college baseball, Chase Plymell and Steven Bradbury have worn more than five diff...
State Fair women edge Moberly, Roadrunner men slip again
State Fair women’s basketball forced three shot-clock violations against Moberly Area Community College on Saturday, with the third occurring wi...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
WSL donates to Open Door
The Women’s Service League (WSL) of Sedalia presented a $300 donation to Open Door Service Center Director Jack Menges. Menges was the feature p...
S-C’s Theatre for a Cause raise money for orphans
Vanessa, played by Olivia Smith, bids farewell to her father, portrayed by Avery Mather, in the closing scene of the Smith-Cotton High School Theatre ...
Old Drum Open Mic slated for March 2
WARRENSBURG — Warrensburg’s next Old Drum Open Mic session is shaping up with story tellers, poets, short story writers and musicians cuei...
Daum hosts day-long development session
On Tuesday, Feb. 21, Daum Museum of Contemporary Art hosted 31 educators from Horace Mann Elementary School and seven museum docents in a day-long pro...
Parkview students use lessons to help classmates
Parkview Elementary School second graders transferred classroom lessons into a service project to benefit students at their school.As part of their un...
‘Better than a quart of oil’
When I was in college, the old ‘64 Ford I drove had 115,000 miles on it. There were 289 engines that had many times that number of miles on them...
Iwo Jima, Feb. 19, 1945: A five-week bloodbath
I was born into a wonderful family in the most wonderful country there ever was. So were thousands of other boys.I enjoyed life, I loved all the thing...
‘Are you ready to come home to the Missouri State Fair?’
The Missouri State Fair information season is officially underway with the recent reveal of the 2017 Fair theme: “Come Home.” Prepare for ...
Special days at the Missouri State Fair
The summer of 1930 was exceedingly hot. During the first and second weeks of August, the Sedalia Democrat reported temperatures of over 100 degrees wi...
Smoking is just a memory
Religion and politics are among the few subjects I can think of that are discussed more than smoking when a group of people gather and, depending on w...
Valentine’s Day can be irritating … sometimes
As you undoubtedly know, Valentine’s Day, the most irritating holiday ever, was this past Tuesday. I usually look askance on Valentine’s D...