Page, Merritt seeking Sedalia City Council Ward 4 seat
Missouri’s trails: Porter joins Tigers, Anderson named coach at PSU
Hayden Liberty Center hosts art show, reception Saturday
Skyline students create Living History Inventor Museum
Clinton man arrested after SWAT team search warrant
- Page, Merritt seeking Sedalia City Council Ward 4 seat - 9:27 pm
- Hayden Liberty Center hosts art show, reception Saturday - 6:52 pm
- Skyline students create Living History Inventor Museum - 4:22 pm updated: 4:37 pm.
- Clinton man arrested after SWAT team search warrant - 4:00 pm
- State Fair Community College Student killed in single-vehicle accident - 2:24 pm
- Pettis County in ‘marginal risk’ for severe weather Friday - 12:09 pm
- UPDATED: Thursday night riot at Johnson County Jail resolved - 9:47 am updated: 10:18 am.
- UPDATE: Sedalia woman killed in U.S. Highway 65 accident - 9:37 am updated: 6:03 pm.
- Chamber honors businesses, committees at annual awards event - 10:29 pm
- Kitchen fire damages East Howard Street home - 9:23 pm
- Bishop to face two challengers for La Monte City Council - 7:32 pm
- La Monte man killed in accident - 6:46 pm
- Sedalia teen hurt in crash - 6:32 pm
- Man injured in three-vehicle accident on East Broadway Boulevard - 5:55 pm
- Men arrested in Windsor found with large amount of meth - 5:05 pm
- Burn ban issued for Pettis County - 6:17 pm
- March 23 Police Reports - 6:15 pm
- Drum challenged for La Monte City Council Ward 2 seat - 6:10 pm
- Sedalia Animal Shelter starts Trooper Fund - 5:39 pm
- Stover FFA Chapter, community members donate to wildfire relief efforts - 4:44 pm
- Cases recently resolved in Pettis County Circuit Court - 4:36 pm
- Clinton man seriously injured in accident - 3:30 pm
- SPD seeking motorcycle accident information - 2:28 pm
- March 22 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- DeSalme named Sedalia Police Department Officer of the Year - 9:49 pm
Kitchen fire damages East Howard Street home
Sedalia Fire Department, Sedalia Police Department and Pettis County Ambulance District respond to a fire originating in a kitchen at 410 E. Howard St...
Bishop to face two challengers for La Monte City Council
Three candidates are vying for the Ward 1 seat on the La Monte City Council — incumbent Wanda Bishop and challengers Paul Wilbern and David Jone...
La Monte man killed in accident
A La Monte man was killed in a two-vehicle accident at 5:05 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 50.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Jer...
Sedalia teen hurt in crash
A Sedalia teenager was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 10 p.m. Wednesday in Pettis County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report,...
Man injured in three-vehicle accident on East Broadway Boulevard
Sedalia Fire Department firefighters look over a vehicle involved in a three-vehicle accident at South Marvin Avenue and East Broadway Boulevard Thurs...
Men arrested in Windsor found with large amount of meth
Two men were arrested Wednesday morning in Windsor after being found in possession of nearly a pound of methamphetamine.Robert Summers, 32, of Windsor...
Quick Hits, March 23
HIGH SCHOOL BOY’S GOLFLucchesi leads Gremlins in MarshallJack Lucchesi shot a 47 to lead Sacred Heart boy’s golf at Indian Foothills in Ma...
Kroenke, Spunaugle finalists for excellent award
Beating the odds, two Lincoln High School student-athletes were named finalists in the Award for Excellence sponsored by the Pro Football Hall of Fame...
Quick Hits, March 23: S-C boys tennis routs Battle, 9-0
The Smith-Cotton boys tennis team won its second match of the season Wednesday as the Tigers swept an undermanned Battle squad, 9-0, at Liberty Park.S...
S-C’s Lopez to play soccer at Avila University
Jonathan Lopez, a three-year varsity player on the Smith-Cotton High boys soccer team, has signed to play at Avila University in Kansas City.Lopez, th...
Smith-Cotton baseball falls short in home opener
Smith-Cotton’s seventh-inning rally was cut down by the fastball of Nick Wohlbold, who escaped with a save Wednesday in a 5-4 Rock Bridge victor...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
CurtisElouise “Joann” Curtis observed her 81st birthday March 22.Elouise was born March 22, 1936 in Malta Bend.She was married to the late...
Thierfelder birth announcement
Lorin Blackburn Thierfelder and Craig Theirfelder became the parents of a daughter, Vivian Hope Thierfelder, born March 3, 2017, at Bothwell Regional ...
Doug and Kristi Craig, of Ionia, announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily Craig, of Ionia, to Steven Westermier, of Sedalia. He is the son of ...
The Sedalia Senior Center is a nonprofit organization overseen by the Care Connection for Aging Services. The center is located at 312 S. Washington a...
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels is a nonprofit organization that delivers meals to seniors, the homebound and handicapped citizens of Sedalia. The food is prepared by...
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent, “the Motor City Madman”, on July 29th . Ted Nugent brings his “Make America ...
The need for art, phone calls and umbrellas
Quick hits and short takes:• My journalism students at Smith-Cotton High school worked this week on writing editorials. Each semester with each ...
Good Will Tour concludes
The 90 businessmen and professionals who boarded three buses on July 14, 1931, to tour the area south of Sedalia in order to spread good will and adve...
Thank you Jack
I just wanted to say thanks to Jack Miller for his recent column about “Mrs. Van Horn’s stories.” That Mrs. Van Horn, was my grandmo...
Drug reform may mean danger for hemophiliacs
Loyal readers know that I was diagnosed with Severe Hemophilia A at a young age. I volunteer as a counselor at two summer camps for young people with ...
Getting to know each other
The Rose M. Nolen Black History Library will host Sunday afternoon gatherings at the Rose M. Nolen Black History Library, 109 Lima Alley, Sedalia, two...
SFCC campaign using video to reach community
MTV was launched with the clip “Video Killed the Radio Star.” For State Fair Community College, video is adding life to its awareness camp...