State Fair Community College board discusses 2018 tuition
Horace Mann speaks for the trees
Church Women United to host World Day of Prayer event
Smith-Cotton students teach heart health
- March 1 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- State Fair Community College board discusses 2018 tuition - 9:21 pm
- Horace Mann speaks for the trees - 8:23 pm
- View Story - 8:19 pm
- Pettis County expecting severe weather Tuesday night - 6:09 pm
- Church Women United to host World Day of Prayer event - 6:01 pm
- Mayor Stephen Galliher vetoes Sedalia Regional Airport project ordinance - 5:59 pm
- JobFinders clarifies Grey’s role at Sedalia outpost - 2:47 pm
- Tyson Foods tops Fortune World’s Most Admired List - 1:42 pm
- Feb. 28 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Smith-Cotton students teach heart health - 11:09 pm
- Sedalia City Council adds officers, no COLA raise in FY18 budget - 10:26 pm
- Sedalia school board approves budget amendments - 10:06 pm
- Three hurt in Saline County crash - 6:30 pm
- Five hurt in Henry County crash - 4:48 pm
- Feb. 27 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Sedalia school board to discuss budget amendments at meeting - 8:52 pm
- Sedalia couple creates community Pirates Garden - 7:26 pm
- 20th annual Cupid’s Ball draws record crowd Saturday - 5:51 pm
- Sedalia City Council to host budget work session - 5:08 pm updated: 6:58 pm.
- International Pro Rodeo Association delights families Friday and Saturday - 4:22 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 1:24 pm updated: 5:23 pm.
- Feb. 25 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Having fun with agriculture - 8:47 pm
- Prescription drug abuse poses problems - 8:43 pm
Feb. 28 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Smith-Cotton students teach heart health
Smith-Cotton High School students were the teachers Monday as they conducted a Heart Healthy Workshop for fifth graders at Sedalia Middle School.Healt...
Sedalia City Council adds officers, no COLA raise in FY18 budget
The Sedalia City Council got one step closer to finishing the Fiscal Year 2017-18 budget during Monday night’s work session, which included addi...
Sedalia school board approves budget amendments
The Sedalia School District 200 Board of Education approved all budget amendments for the 2016-17 school year during Monday’s meeting, including...
Three hurt in Saline County crash
Three Clinton residents were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 2:46 p.m. Saturday in Saline County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol rep...
Five hurt in Henry County crash
Five people sustained minor injuries in a two-vehicle accident at 5:35 p.m. Friday in Henry County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report...
Prep Roundup, Feb. 27
HIGH SCHOOLBOY’S BASKETBALLCole Camp 63, California 57Cole Camp won its third district championship in school history Saturday, Feb. 25, with a ...
Green Ridge wins district tournament
Green Ridge earned a bid to the Class 1 regional tournament with a 72-63 victory over Otterville on Friday, Feb. 24 at Leeton High School in Leeton.Ry...
Smith-Cotton shoots past Warrensburg in OT, 83-78
WARRENSBURG — Shooters shoot. On Friday night, Smith-Cotton’s “Shooter” unloaded with deadly accuracy.Senior Derek Gehlken sco...
Kaysinger All-Conference teams selected
The All-Kaysinger Conference boy’s and girl’s basketball teams were announced Friday.The Tipton Lady Cardinals won the Kaysinger Conferenc...
A quick tour of Missouri’s four trout parks
If memory serves — and on this admittedly rare occasion I think it does — this will be the first time in nearly 34 years I’ve run es...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
WSL donates to Open Door
The Women’s Service League (WSL) of Sedalia presented a $300 donation to Open Door Service Center Director Jack Menges. Menges was the feature p...
S-C’s Theatre for a Cause raise money for orphans
Vanessa, played by Olivia Smith, bids farewell to her father, portrayed by Avery Mather, in the closing scene of the Smith-Cotton High School Theatre ...
Old Drum Open Mic slated for March 2
WARRENSBURG — Warrensburg’s next Old Drum Open Mic session is shaping up with story tellers, poets, short story writers and musicians cuei...
Daum hosts day-long development session
On Tuesday, Feb. 21, Daum Museum of Contemporary Art hosted 31 educators from Horace Mann Elementary School and seven museum docents in a day-long pro...
Parkview students use lessons to help classmates
Parkview Elementary School second graders transferred classroom lessons into a service project to benefit students at their school.As part of their un...
The loss of a lige-long friend
I got the bad news this week that Wanda Baker died. Wanda graduated from Thayer High with my father, and was probably 93 years old. But to me, she was...
For the love of old barns
There are many sad reminders of the past littering Pettis County’s countryside; old plows rusting in untilled fields, windmills that drew their ...
St. Paul’s has familiar face in the kitchen
Since 1998, John Nail has nourished the minds and souls of students at St. Paul’s Lutheran School. Now he also nourishes their bodies, moving fr...
‘Better than a quart of oil’
When I was in college, the old ‘64 Ford I drove had 115,000 miles on it. There were 289 engines that had many times that number of miles on them...
Iwo Jima, Feb. 19, 1945: A five-week bloodbath
I was born into a wonderful family in the most wonderful country there ever was. So were thousands of other boys.I enjoyed life, I loved all the thing...
‘Are you ready to come home to the Missouri State Fair?’
The Missouri State Fair information season is officially underway with the recent reveal of the 2017 Fair theme: “Come Home.” Prepare for ...