Grant lands two fifth-place finishes at state track and field meet
Smith-Cotton Freshman team captures 1st place in state Extempore Competition
Randy Melick releases new spiritual CD May 5
Storms move across Sedalia Saturday
Photos: Cemetery flags honor veterans each Memorial Day in Sedalia
- Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Smith-Cotton Freshman team captures 1st place in state Extempore Competition - 6:57 pm
- Randy Melick releases new spiritual CD May 5 - 5:35 pm
- Three arrested after warrant served - 5:09 pm
- Crash Reports - 3:55 pm
- Storms move across Sedalia Saturday - 2:31 pm
- Photos: Cemetery flags honor veterans each Memorial Day in Sedalia - 4:48 pm
- Severe weather expected Saturday afternoon in Pettis County - 1:48 pm updated: 2:01 pm.
- Sedalia man arrested for methamphetamine distribution - 1:40 pm updated: 2:08 pm.
- Sedalia man pleads guilty in 2015 homicide case - 8:16 pm
- One Track Train to play at Scott Joplin International Ragtime Festival - 7:36 pm
- Crash Reports - 6:32 pm
- The work behind a Daum Museum of Contemporary Art exhibit - 5:37 pm
- Insurance changes impact area residents - 5:37 pm
- Tiny pantry pops up in Sedalia - 4:32 pm
- Two injured in Johnson County accident - 2:01 pm
- Lincoln man killed in Henry County crash - 1:52 pm
- May 26 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Rookie Reporter: Smith-Cotton theatre program recognizes performances - 6:49 pm
- Sedalia Visual Art Association opens new show at Daum Museum of Contemporary Art - 5:35 pm
- American flag etiquette honors red, white and blue - 5:26 pm
- Sedalia School District 200 to offer summer classes for elementary, high school students - 5:02 pm updated: 7:21 pm.
- Bassets enjoy spring drive - 3:24 pm updated: 9:33 pm.
- Multiple injuries in Pettis County accident - 2:08 pm
- City names new Sedalia Regional Airport director - 7:42 pm
Sedalia man pleads guilty in 2015 homicide case
A Sedalia man involved with a 2015 drug deal and homicide entered a guilty plea this week to lesser charges.Kenneth S. McGee Jr., 22, of the 700 block...
One Track Train to play at Scott Joplin International Ragtime Festival
Local Americana band One Track Train will be busy at the Scott Joplin International Ragtime Festival next week filling the summer air with not only bl...
Belton man hurt in Johnson crashA Belton man was injured in a vehicle accident at 5:20 p.m. Thursday in Johnson County.Ronald G. Terwilliger, 75, was ...
The work behind a Daum Museum of Contemporary Art exhibit
Many people might walk into the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art and wonder how each piece of artwork is placed. Director and Curator Thomas Piché...
Insurance changes impact area residents
On May 4, the U.S. House of Representatives voted 217 to 213 to repeal the Affordable Care Act of 2010, more commonly referred to as “ObamaCare....
Tiny pantry pops up in Sedalia
In the true sense of being a good neighbor, two local women have started a “tiny food pantry” to offer a little extra help to others.Staci...
Lincoln Cardinals survive 7-run inning in quarterfinal
Lincoln baseball survived a seven-run inning in Archie during a 10-7 victory Wednesday, May 24, advancing to its second consecutive Class 2 Missouri S...
Sedalia drivers winning in California
Three weeks into the season, Sedalia sprint car driver Jonathan Cornell picked up his first victory at Double-X Speedway in California, Missouri on Su...
Lincoln downs Concordia, 8-2
Connor Spunaugle pitched a complete game — enduring a lightning delay — and Grant Eifert tripled to lead a six-run second inning in an 8-2...
Junior Monique Grant qualified to compete in four events at the Class 5 state track meet and Smith-Cotton athletes posted four school records Saturday...
Lady Cardinals capture third at state
Playing for third is an unique challenge in a tournament of four.For Lincoln, its season-long journey to the Missouri State Spring Season Championship...
Bombers around corner; Lincoln postponed
The Sedalia Bombers begin its defense of the 2016 MINK League Title at the end of May.Sedalia opens the 2017 campaign against the 2017 expansion team,...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Lawanda Sublett and Travis and Michelle Craig announce the engagement of their daughter, Tina Marie Craig, to Sean Ray Plain, the son of Russell and K...
Sedalia Visual Art Association opens new show at Daum Museum of Contemporary Art
An exhibit featuring members of the Sedalia Visual Art Association is now showing in the Goddard Gallery at the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art. The s...
After last week’s wind storm, Paul Musslin, who lives in the 1600 block of East 14th Street, was surprised to find a piece of bark, in the shape...
Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth O’Dell, of Sedalia, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with an open house hosted by Hailey McCarthy from 2 to 4 ...
Sabrina (Young) Platt, of Sedalia, and Steven S. Platt, of Bates City, announce the engagement of their daughter Brianna Rachelle, of Del Rio, Texas, ...
E.W Thompson birthdays
E. W. Thompson Health & Rehabilitation Center wishes a happy 96th birthday to Reta Warren, born May 20, 1921, and a happy 89th birthday to Bonita ...
A chance to learn about judicial changes
Nothing says “Writer’s Block” like a three-day judicial conference. I really enjoy going to the conference each year; it is at the L...
Happy 100th Birthday, JFK
President John F. Kennedy’s 100th birthday is on the 29th of May 2017 and like so many my age, I remember his presidency as being to quote a fam...
Golden Rule could cure a lot that ails U.S.
The Golden Rule has been chucked into a Dumpster in favor of aggressive and abominable words and deeds.The past week has seen an avalanche of awful be...
When smart people talk, pay attention
When smart people talk, it’s always a good idea to pay attention. King Solomon, of Old Testament fame, was almost the wisest person to ever live...
Class of 2017 gave something back
You probably read Hope Lecchi’s recent story here in The Sedalia Democrat about the Smith-Cotton class of 2017 and their mission to immortalize ...
La Monte’s Early Years
When Sedalia Democrat columnist Hazel Lang wrote a column in 1969 about the history of La Monte, she relied in part on information taken from the R...