Local Democrat candidates speak
Friday night football features trio of grudge matches
Smith-Cotton Junior High School orchestra students play outside
When a student becomes a teacher
Pettis County Clerk addresses election concerns
- Local Democrat candidates speak - 10:05 pm
- Smith-Cotton Junior High School orchestra students play outside - 7:47 pm
- When a student becomes a teacher - 7:04 pm
- Pettis County Clerk addresses election concerns - 6:55 pm
- Portion of South Limit to close overnight - 6:31 pm
- Edwards woman injured in Benton County - 5:35 pm
- Woman arrested after Johnson County wreck - 4:35 pm
- Man hurt in Moniteau County crash - 3:37 pm
- Oct. 27 Police Reports - 3:32 pm
- SCHS DECA donates to United Way - 12:19 pm
- Center for Human Services helps disabled into the workforce - 7:56 pm
- Woman thankful for new start though The Embassy - 7:31 pm
- S-C JROTC to host event to honor, serve veterans - 6:04 pm
- Man injured in Johnson County wreck - 11:30 am
- Oct. 26 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Volunteers make Day of Caring a success - 9:20 pm
- Smith-Cotton High School theatre students to use fly system for ‘Mary Poppins’ - 8:37 pm
- SFCC board approves salary increase - 7:13 pm
- Central Regional College Fair set for Thursday - 12:02 pm
- Oct. 25 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Sedalia 200 adopts changes to Hall Of Fame - 9:56 pm
- Ridge Prairie Road closed for bridge replacement - 7:21 pm
- Oct. 25 Crash Reports - 6:25 pm updated: 6:29 pm.
- ‘The Walking Dead’ zombie actor visits Sedalia over the weekend - 5:21 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- Tickets remain for Project Grad fundraiser - 4:41 pm updated: 4:44 pm.
- A celebration of faith - 9:50 pm
- Board to discuss food service program - 7:56 pm
- Teen authors autograph “Budding Bards Vol. 2” at Boonslick Regional Library - 7:35 pm updated: 7:35 pm.
- UPDATE: Three sustain injuries in Saturday accident - 7:28 pm
- Man’s death determined to be suicide - 6:57 pm
- Community Calendar for Oct. 24 to Oct. 30 - 4:15 pm
- Accident sends three to hospital - 1:22 pm updated: 2:05 pm.
- UPDATED: Man found dead after 4-hour standoff - 9:41 pm updated: 6:08 pm.
- Local Task Force One member called to serve - 7:50 pm
- Pettis County Commission tests new road material - 6:14 pm
- Organ donation, family help local man through medical struggles - 5:39 pm
- A fall down basement stairs helped woman discover breast cancer - 5:30 pm
- Sedalia saying goodbye to Bings Grocery Stores - 5:20 pm updated: 3:58 pm.
- Community Calendar for Oct. 16 to Oct. 23 - 11:07 am
- Oct. 21 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Manufacturing Milestone banquet honors local companies - 11:49 pm
- American Horseman Challenge National Finals create teamwork - 7:23 pm
- Three families named Century Farm families - 7:01 pm
- Crash Reports - 6:43 pm
- LifeLine Band’s musical, Christian chemistry reaches others - 5:18 pm
- Two injured in parking lot crash in Sedalia - 5:16 pm
- Oct. 20 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Linda Christle leaving large impact on business community - 9:39 pm updated: 9:41 pm.
- Crash Reports - 8:18 pm
- Teresa Hensley touts courtroom experience in attorney general’s race - 7:57 pm
SCHS DECA donates to United Way
Homecoming T-shirt sales are a Smith-Cotton High School DECA tradition. This year’s “Clash of the Tigers” T-shirt was sold for $15 d...
Center for Human Services helps disabled into the workforce
Helping those with developmental disabilities integrate into the workplace is an important goal for the the Center for Human Services in Sedalia, and ...
Woman thankful for new start though The Embassy
October is a special month for Dee Keeney, of Sedalia. One year ago, at age 47, she began a journey into a new life. Described as broken a year ago, K...
S-C JROTC to host event to honor, serve veterans
It’s a tradition that impacts those who served and in many cases those who are serving others because of the emotional connections that are form...
Man injured in Johnson County wreck
A California, Missouri, man was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 8:43 p.m. Monday in Johnson County.According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol r...
Oct. 26 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Tigers soccer advance to district final
Smith-Cotton advanced in the Class 1, District 11 for a shot at its second district title in three years Monday, defeating host team Jefferson City 1-...
Green Ridge runner-up at sectionals
Green Ridge defeated Osceola and fell to New Haven in two sets to place runner-up in the Class 1 sectional tournament on its home court Saturday, Oct....
Smith-Cotton dominates Hickman in district tournament, 45-14
One year removed from a one-and-done playoff performance, Smith-Cotton gets another shot at Belton.The Tigers forced five turnovers, Gauge Young score...
How to get invited to a deer camp
I can’t prove this scientifically, of course, but I’m confident that the first deer camp was organized within, at most, a few days after h...
Smith-Cotton boys swim win conference
Smith-Cotton boys swim and dive won its first West Central Conference title in three years by 99 points Monday at Joseph W. Arbisi Memorial Pool in Se...
Santa Fe eliminates Sacred Heart
Santa Fe, the defending Class 1 Missouri State volleyball champions, defeated Sacred Heart in two sets Wednesday to claim the District 11 tournament a...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Mr. and Mrs. Carl Wilken will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with a reception hosted by their children from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29 at...
Oct. 22-23 Birthdays
BrownOtis Brown will observe his 92nd birthday Oct. 24.He was born Oct. 24, 1924, in Benton County.Otis worked at MFA in Sedalia. He enjoys hunting an...
Lois Jane Scott Ditzfeld will celebrate her 85th birthday with an open house hosted by her family from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 at the Read C...
Karen and Dave Benson, of Sedalia, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kayla Renee Benson, to Craig Eric McAndrews, the son of Cheryl and Tim M...
Anna Marie Bellamy will celebrate her 95th birthday with a reception hosted by her family from 2 to 4 p.m Sunday, Oct. 30 at the Sacred Heart High Sch...
Tram ride through railroad history
I have written before about the beauty of Missouri, especially in the fall of the year, and on Tuesday I had the opportunity to experience that beauty...
Don’t bite on pair of ballot measures
In politics, so much is like a rancid M&M.Whether it is a candidate or a ballot initiative, a lot looks good on the outside but when you crack thr...
A sad farewell to my old Navy shipmates
I’ve never been a big reunion-goer, making only a few of my high school and college class get-togethers over the years.But I made one exception:...
Robert Walker and Sedalia Waterworks
Nineteenth century Sedalia was justly proud of its civic amenities and city residents were willing to float bonds in order to pay for things such as s...
Sedalians must recycle more
The switchboards lit up when the City of Sedalia started its curbside recycling program. I’ve never seen and heard such a continuous slew of com...