Sedalia Animal Shelter starts Trooper Fund
Stover FFA Chapter, community members donate to wildfire relief efforts
Lady Tigers rout Moberly in season opener, 10-0
DeSalme named Sedalia Police Department Officer of the Year
Seven vying for Green Ridge Board of Education
- Sedalia Animal Shelter starts Trooper Fund - 5:39 pm
- Stover FFA Chapter, community members donate to wildfire relief efforts - 4:44 pm
- Cases recently resolved in Pettis County Circuit Court - 4:36 pm
- Clinton man seriously injured in accident - 3:30 pm
- SPD seeking motorcycle accident information - 2:28 pm
- March 22 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- DeSalme named Sedalia Police Department Officer of the Year - 9:49 pm
- Seven vying for Green Ridge Board of Education - 9:47 pm
- Kitto and Associates announces Claas - 3:46 pm
- Sedalia man arrested for Windsor burglary - 3:40 pm
- Let the ‘madness’ begin - 3:23 pm
- UPDATE: Sedalia Fire Department issues burn ban - 2:53 pm updated: 6:29 pm.
- Gibbs retires from Veterans Home after 13 years - 2:37 pm
- Sedalia City Council approves FY18 budget - 1:16 pm
- Man arrested for DWI in Moniteau County - 10:35 am
- March 21 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Trump’s budget calls for after-school funding cut - 10:12 pm
- SFCC, Park University sign academic cooperation agreement - 6:17 pm
- Trenton man seriously injured in Pettis County accident - 4:56 pm
- Kelsey’s Closet focuses on helping community - 4:41 pm
- March 20 Police Reports - 2:58 pm
- Team SCREAM misses playoffs at KC Regional - 6:59 pm
- Seven vying for Smithton Board of Education - 6:31 pm
- Sedalia celebrates St. Patrick’s Day - 5:35 pm
- Sedalia City Council to give final FY18 budget approval - 5:34 pm
Sedalia man arrested for Windsor burglary
A Sedalia man was arrested Monday in relation to a Windsor burglary.According to a Henry County Sheriff’s Office news release, Farris A. Higginb...
Let the ‘madness’ begin
With very few perfect brackets left in the NCCA National Basketball Championship Tournament, thanks to losses by defending National Champion Villanova...
UPDATE: Sedalia Fire Department issues burn ban
The Sedalia Fire Department issued a burn ban Tuesday afternoon for the City of Sedalia effective immediately, according to a news release.The ban pro...
Gibbs retires from Veterans Home after 13 years
WARRENSBURG — Billie Jo Gibbs, a restorative aide at the Missouri Veterans Home in Warrensburg, retired Feb. 28, after 13 years of service. She ...
Sedalia City Council approves FY18 budget
The Sedalia City Council voted 7-1 to approve the Fiscal Year 2017-18 budget during Monday night’s meeting.The vote comes after weeks of meeting...
Man arrested for DWI in Moniteau County
A California, Missouri, man was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated after a single-vehicle accident at 11:11 p.m. Friday in Moniteau Cou...
State Fair baseball, softball eat home doubleheader losses
New spring programs at State Fair Community College struggled Saturday, with its baseball and softball teams losing two games each as hosts in Sedalia...
Quick Hits, March 20
HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALLWindsor third at Santa Fe Snowflake InvitationalThe Lady Greyhounds opened its 2017 campaign with a third-place finish at the Sant...
Prep Roundup, March 17
HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALLNorthwest 18, Slater 0 (F/5)Rylan Chamberlin and Connor Tichenor combined for a no hitter Friday as the Mustangs opened its season...
Off the blocks: track and field teams shake off rust at Smith-Cotton Quad
Smith-Cotton opened its track and field campaign with the S-C Quad Friday at Tiger Stadium in Sedalia, hosting Hermitage, Smithton, Versailles, Otterv...
Military calibers often do very well on the home front
When I first had the idea of writing a column about calibers originally designed for military use that became popular among civilian hunters and shoot...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent, “the Motor City Madman”, on July 29th . Ted Nugent brings his “Make America ...
Pettis County Recorder of Deeds Barbara Clevenger recently issued marriage licenses to:Jeremy Drew Harbison, 36, to Lisa Dawn Knotts, 41, both of Seda...
Pettis County Republican Women meetThe Pettis County Republican Women’s Club met recently at the FCS Financial Building.President Cheryl Brown w...
Boonslick Regional LibraryFiction:“The Refugees”by Viet Thanh NguyenThe Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Sympathizer presents a new co...
Mid-Missouri Artists March program
WARRENSBURG — The public is invited to join members of Mid-Missouri Artists, Inc. at their Thursday, March 30, meeting which will feature a prog...
Missouri State Fair makes first concert announcement
The Missouri State Fair has made its first concert announcement for the 2017 line-up at the Pepsi Grandstand — country music group Little Big To...
Getting to know each other
The Rose M. Nolen Black History Library will host Sunday afternoon gatherings at the Rose M. Nolen Black History Library, 109 Lima Alley, Sedalia, two...
SFCC campaign using video to reach community
MTV was launched with the clip “Video Killed the Radio Star.” For State Fair Community College, video is adding life to its awareness camp...
The story teller of Washington School
A note from Jack: I ran into a friend of mine at Wood’s Supermarket the other day, a man who was a classmate of mine many years ago at Washingto...
Reading books can take you all over the world
Until I was in college, I was a prolific reader. I read every book I could pick up, and I read each one as fast as possible. I loved being transported...
An act of kindness
Dear Editor,I’m blessed! I went to Subway Feb. 28, to enjoy their delicious sandwiches and I ordered and the couple in line in front of me had p...
Perhaps private enterprise can save community center
The government is not a business, and it’s silly to treat it like one. There are always going to be non-profitable government programs that are ...