Sedalia Baptist community remembers legacy left by the Rev. Marlin Brown
Sedalia Rental Inspection Committee hosts first meeting
The ‘Buzz’ about chickens
UPDATE: The Honey Hole Thrift Shop fire determined to be accidental
Tigers maul Vikings at conference, 5-0
- Sept. 29 Police Reports - 4:34 pm
- Sedalia Baptist community remembers legacy left by the Rev. Marlin Brown - 3:45 pm
- Train crashes into New Jersey station; more than 100 injured - 10:41 am
- Missouri fraternity suspended over reports of racial slurs - 9:40 am
- Long wait, short encounter before deadly police shooting - 9:31 am
- 10 things to know for Thursday - 9:25 am
- Sedalia Rental Inspection Committee hosts first meeting - 10:35 pm
- The ‘Buzz’ about chickens - 9:42 pm
- UPDATE: The Honey Hole Thrift Shop fire determined to be accidental - 6:45 pm updated: 9:37 pm.
- Police shoot, kill man in San Diego area; protesters gather - 9:26 am
- 10 things to know for Wednesday - 9:22 am updated: 9:35 am.
- Sept. 28 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- View Story - 10:14 pm
- District 52 state representative candidate Kyle Garner talks experience, priorities - 9:51 pm
- SFCC votes to place measure on April ballot - 7:49 pm
- New sidewalks being laid along eastside streets in Sedalia - 6:35 pm
- Clinton teens to showcase photographs at Antioch Hills - 5:37 pm
- Bodyworks Day Spa celebrates 20 years - 5:36 pm
- Westermier recognized for Sierra Bullets service - 5:36 pm
- Warsaw woman hurt in Benton County crash - 5:35 pm
- Clinton puts Trump on the defensive in combative debate - 9:12 am
- 10 things to know for today - 9:09 am
- Absentee voting starts today for General Election - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Sept. 27 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Caring Cupboard at State Fair Community College helps students to succeed - 10:09 pm
- Crews preparing for muddy good time at Missouri Tough Mudder - 10:01 pm updated: 10:40 pm.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump set for high-stakes showdown - 10:15 am
- 10 things to know for today - 9:21 am
- Lawdogs win Mayor’s Cup - 7:11 pm
- S-C students learn leadership skills at UCM - 6:50 pm updated: 7:07 pm.
- A colorful 5K in support of multiple causes - 6:29 pm
- University Of Missouri-Columbia concert series artist visits Sedalia slave cabin - 4:49 pm updated: 9:51 am.
- Community Calendar for Sept. 26 to Oct. 2 - 4:18 pm updated: 5:41 pm.
- Authorities: 4 dead in shooting at mall north of Seattle - 11:47 pm
- Sedalia hotel owner ordered to pay $100K in employee compensation - 9:32 pm
- Two Sacred Heart juniors donate to Child Safe of Central Missouri Inc. - 6:28 pm
- Crash Reports - 6:18 pm
- Sept. 24-25 Police Reports - 5:56 pm
- Good Sam Missouri State RV Rally enjoys visiting Sedalia each fall - 5:45 pm
- An award-winning winery in the heart of Pettis County - 3:49 pm
- Law officers in 6 states join in speed enforcement - 9:15 am
- Big email hack doesn’t exactly send the message Yahoo needed - 9:08 am
- 10 Things to Know for Today - 8:59 am
- Sept. 23 Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- A sign of fall’s arrival at SFCC’s mum sale - 10:19 pm
- A Piccadilly of fire and ice - 9:53 pm
- Sedalia Planning and Zoning Commission recommends hotel height ordinance change - 9:18 pm
- Meeting addresses what matters most in education - 6:04 pm
- Missouri voters won’t see medical marijuana on ballot - 9:34 am
- 10 Things to Know for Today - 9:29 am
Police shoot, kill man in San Diego area; protesters gather
EL CAJON, Calif. (AP) — A black man reportedly acting erratically at a strip mall in suburban San Diego was shot and killed by police after pull...
10 things to know for Wednesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:1. SHIMON PERES DIES AT 93The former Israeli po...
Sept. 28 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
A NewsObituaries 2AOpinion 4-5AWeather 7AB SportsClassified 4-6BComics 7BTV/Horoscopes [email protected] DrawingPic...
District 52 state representative candidate Kyle Garner talks experience, priorities
A small group gathered Tuesday evening at the Pettis County Democrat Headquarters to discuss state issues with Kyle Garner, Democratic candidate for D...
S-C grounds out 21-6 win at O’Hara
KANSAS CITY - A steady dose of ground-and-pound football pushed Smith-Cotton to a 21-6 win Friday night over Archbishop O’Hara High School.Holdi...
Hot weather deer hunters should plan for success
As I sit here writing this Thursday morning in my air conditioned office, my indoor/outdoor thermometer is indicating that the forecast that this will...
Tigers use technology to improve on the field
The Missouri State High School Activities Association opened a door for all schools, and Smith-Cotton is seizing the opportunity.Smith-Cotton’s ...
Quick Hits, Sept. 23
HIGH SCHOOL BOYS SOCCERStover 6, La Monte 1The Bulldogs defeated La Monte on the road Thursday, 6-1 behind a Landon Thompson hat trick.Charlie Black, ...
Quick Hits, Sept. 22
HIGH SCHOOLGIRLS GOLFSacred Heart claims Gremlins tri-matchThe Sacred Heart Lady Gremlins placed first at the Gremlin tri-match on Wednesday with Gree...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Emily Marie Perkins and Michael Chris Niemeier, both of Sedalia, were married at 3 p.m. June 4, 2016, at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Sedalia with th...
Timothy Mooney presents ‘Breakneck Hamlet’
WARRENSBURG — Direct from shows in England, Ireland, and sold out performances in Denmark, Chicago actor, Tim Mooney, is bringing “Breakne...
Mr. and Mrs. R. Jay Miller, of Edwards, will observe their 19th wedding anniversary Sept. 20.Mildred “Oneda” Eldridge and R. Jay Miller we...
Danny and Kim Brown, of Sedalia announce the engagement of their daughter, Ashley N. Brown to Jarrett L. Tucker, the son of Robert and Janet Tucker, o...
Boonslick Regional Library Outreach ScheduleMonday: Pettis County R-V Northwest Elementary School.Drop site, Hughesville City Hall (open to public).Dr...
Tim and Virginia Siegel, of Otterville announce the engagement of their daughter, Jordyn Siegel to Jared Embree, the son of Chuck and Jennell Embree o...
Houses save memories
One day as my wife and I drove home, we noticed an old country house that we had watched deteriorate over the years had finally succumbed to the ravag...
It’s important to listen to what others say
Shouting in protest is usually the result of someone stating their objections or attempting to address an issue in a rational manner, but having those...
Speak clearly and directly
Since Emily was in middle school, I’ve noticed that young women use a speech pattern I call the “perpetual question.” I know youR...
Homecoming brings alums, district together again
Homecoming is our annual celebration of the bond between the Sedalia community and our school district.Each year, Smith-Cotton High School alumni gath...
Honoring our veterans
Each November, Crossroads Hospice makes a special effort to honor Veterans for their sacrifices and commitment to protecting our freedoms.But this yea...