Smith-Cotton baseball falls short in home opener
Burn ban issued for Pettis County
Drum challenged for La Monte City Council Ward 2 seat
Sedalia Animal Shelter starts Trooper Fund
Stover FFA Chapter, community members donate to wildfire relief efforts
- Burn ban issued for Pettis County - 6:17 pm
- March 23 Police Reports - 6:15 pm
- Drum challenged for La Monte City Council Ward 2 seat - 6:10 pm
- Sedalia Animal Shelter starts Trooper Fund - 5:39 pm
- Stover FFA Chapter, community members donate to wildfire relief efforts - 4:44 pm
- Cases recently resolved in Pettis County Circuit Court - 4:36 pm
- Clinton man seriously injured in accident - 3:30 pm
- SPD seeking motorcycle accident information - 2:28 pm
- March 22 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- DeSalme named Sedalia Police Department Officer of the Year - 9:49 pm
- Seven vying for Green Ridge Board of Education - 9:47 pm
- Kitto and Associates announces Claas - 3:46 pm
- Sedalia man arrested for Windsor burglary - 3:40 pm
- Let the ‘madness’ begin - 3:23 pm
- UPDATE: Sedalia Fire Department issues burn ban - 2:53 pm updated: 6:29 pm.
- Gibbs retires from Veterans Home after 13 years - 2:37 pm
- Sedalia City Council approves FY18 budget - 1:16 pm
- Man arrested for DWI in Moniteau County - 10:35 am
- March 21 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Trump’s budget calls for after-school funding cut - 10:12 pm
- SFCC, Park University sign academic cooperation agreement - 6:17 pm
- Trenton man seriously injured in Pettis County accident - 4:56 pm
- Kelsey’s Closet focuses on helping community - 4:41 pm
- March 20 Police Reports - 2:58 pm
- Team SCREAM misses playoffs at KC Regional - 6:59 pm
DeSalme named Sedalia Police Department Officer of the Year
Members of the Sedalia Police Department and their families gathered Tuesday night to recognize each other for their efforts during the past year, and...
Seven vying for Green Ridge Board of Education
Seven candidates are vying for three seats on the Green Ridge Board of Education — incumbents Roy Martin and President Barry White, who has been...
Kitto and Associates announces Claas
Wellness coach and intuitive Linda Claas, RMT, is a certified Reiki Master and teacher through the International Association of Reiki Professionals (I...
Sedalia man arrested for Windsor burglary
A Sedalia man was arrested Monday in relation to a Windsor burglary.According to a Henry County Sheriff’s Office news release, Farris A. Higginb...
Let the ‘madness’ begin
With very few perfect brackets left in the NCCA National Basketball Championship Tournament, thanks to losses by defending National Champion Villanova...
UPDATE: Sedalia Fire Department issues burn ban
The Sedalia Fire Department issued a burn ban Tuesday afternoon for the City of Sedalia effective immediately, according to a news release.The ban pro...
Sweet 16 teams experiencing all-time high academic success
ORLANOD, Fla. (AP) — Men’s and women’s basketball teams in this year’s Sweet 16 are graduating more players and experiencing a...
Quick Hits, March 22
HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALLCalifornia 11, Cole Camp 4The Bluebirds took its first loss of the season in California, 11-4.Cole Camp starter Kaden Harms took t...
Lady Tigers rout Moberly in season opener, 10-0
Smith-Cotton girl’s soccer continued a tradition of strong season openers, winning its fourth in a row Monday.The Lady Tigers poured 10 goals on...
Quick Hits, March 21: S-C boys tennis opens season with victory
The weather was nearly perfect and so was the outcome for the Smith-Cotton boys tennis team, which opened its season Monday with a 8-1 win over Knob N...
Sacred Heart hosts Lincoln, Father Tolton in season’s first golf match
Sacred Heart boy’s golf hosted Father Tolton and Lincoln — top teams in its respective classes — for its first match of the season o...
State Fair baseball, softball eat home doubleheader losses
New spring programs at State Fair Community College struggled Saturday, with its baseball and softball teams losing two games each as hosts in Sedalia...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent, “the Motor City Madman”, on July 29th . Ted Nugent brings his “Make America ...
Pettis County Recorder of Deeds Barbara Clevenger recently issued marriage licenses to:Jeremy Drew Harbison, 36, to Lisa Dawn Knotts, 41, both of Seda...
Pettis County Republican Women meetThe Pettis County Republican Women’s Club met recently at the FCS Financial Building.President Cheryl Brown w...
Boonslick Regional LibraryFiction:“The Refugees”by Viet Thanh NguyenThe Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Sympathizer presents a new co...
Mid-Missouri Artists March program
WARRENSBURG — The public is invited to join members of Mid-Missouri Artists, Inc. at their Thursday, March 30, meeting which will feature a prog...
Missouri State Fair makes first concert announcement
The Missouri State Fair has made its first concert announcement for the 2017 line-up at the Pepsi Grandstand — country music group Little Big To...
Getting to know each other
The Rose M. Nolen Black History Library will host Sunday afternoon gatherings at the Rose M. Nolen Black History Library, 109 Lima Alley, Sedalia, two...
SFCC campaign using video to reach community
MTV was launched with the clip “Video Killed the Radio Star.” For State Fair Community College, video is adding life to its awareness camp...
The story teller of Washington School
A note from Jack: I ran into a friend of mine at Wood’s Supermarket the other day, a man who was a classmate of mine many years ago at Washingto...
Reading books can take you all over the world
Until I was in college, I was a prolific reader. I read every book I could pick up, and I read each one as fast as possible. I loved being transported...
An act of kindness
Dear Editor,I’m blessed! I went to Subway Feb. 28, to enjoy their delicious sandwiches and I ordered and the couple in line in front of me had p...
Perhaps private enterprise can save community center
The government is not a business, and it’s silly to treat it like one. There are always going to be non-profitable government programs that are ...