Foghat to introduce new album at Missouri State Fair concert
Pettis County Republicans ready for primary
Travelers breeze past Hillcrest Merchants, 18-6
Luebbering seeking Pettis County Assessor’s position
- Foghat to introduce new album at Missouri State Fair concert - 1:46 pm updated: 3:33 pm.
- Pettis County Republicans ready for primary - 10:32 pm
- Luebbering seeking Pettis County Assessor’s position - 8:12 pm
- Sedalia man sentenced for 2015 molestation - 8:07 pm updated: 10:39 pm.
- 4-H, FFA youth compete in State Fair horse show through Sunday - 6:05 pm
- July 29 Police Reports - 6:01 pm
- Anesthesiologist comes home to Sedalia - 10:32 pm
- Yelton seeking Pettis County assessor’s seat - 8:23 pm
- Woman charged with Sedalia Girls Softball League theft - 8:20 pm
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- Popular BBC show to highlight Sedalia in railroad travel show - 6:24 pm
- July 28 Crash Reports - 6:09 pm
- July 28 Police Reports - 5:56 pm
- Republicans to host John C. Ryan Picnic Thursday - 4:08 pm updated: 5:49 pm.
- Blake Shelton offering free Grain Valley concert tonight - 1:59 pm
- July 27 Crash Reports - 10:25 pm
- July 27 Police Reports - 10:24 pm
- Four arrested on drug-related charges - 10:23 pm
- Slaughter to face incumbent for Pettis County Eastern Commissioner - 10:20 pm
- SFCC Board discusses plans for campus - 7:54 pm
- Missouri State Fairgrounds prepping for opening day - 7:48 pm
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- All Hastings locations to close - 11:08 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- Thomas running for Pettis County Assessor seat - 10:01 pm
- Helping teach those who teach - 9:59 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- A life of serving others - 6:59 pm
- July 26 Crash Reports - 6:40 pm
- July 26 Police Reports - 5:29 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:04 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- July 25 Police Reports - 9:38 pm
- Sedalia Rocks is rockin’ along - 7:57 pm
- Democrat McCormack running for Pettis County Eastern Commissioner - 7:46 pm
- Sedalia bicyclist killed in Friday accident - 6:33 pm
- July 25 Crash Reports - 5:23 pm
- Community Calendar for July 25 to July 31 - 3:57 pm
- Kurt Schaefer talks law experience, denounces rumors at Pettis Pachyderm - 10:18 pm
- July 23-24 Police Reports - 7:47 pm
- Marcum seeks western commissioner re-election - 7:12 pm
- Healthy U hits halfway point - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- July 23-24 Crash Reports - 5:28 pm
- July 22 Crash Reports - 4:42 pm
DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’
Things came full circle for Spencer Dirrig as he watched Hillary Clinton receive the Democratic nomination for president.Dirrig, 19, is an Ohio deleg...
DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train
After Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders made the motion to stop the roll call vote Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, he asked that Hilla...
Popular BBC show to highlight Sedalia in railroad travel show
A production crew from British Broadcasting Company filmed several Sedalians Wednesday morning for a popular upcoming travel documentary “Great ...
July 28 Crash Reports
Four injured in Saline CountyFour Marshall residents were injured in a single-vehicle accident at 11:45 p.m. Tuesday in Saline County.According to a M...
July 28 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Republicans to host John C. Ryan Picnic Thursday
It has been less than a week since Carla Young, Pettis Country Republican Party chairwoman, returned from the Republican National Convention but the w...
SFCC announces soccer schedules
One week.That’s how long until a 13-year drought of State Fair Community College soccer ends in Sedalia, when both the men’s and womenR...
Stars greet the track Thursday at State Fair Speedway
The stars will be out in Sedalia on Thursday.And even if it’s cloudy, stars in the racing community will be in town at the Missouri State Fair S...
Sedalia Travelers beat Fike 11-5, win zone
The Post 642 Sedalia Travelers were jumped Saturday, by a Blue Springs Fike team minutes removed from fighting desperately for its season.Blue Springs...
Siblings, father prepare for national track meet in Sacramento
CORRECTION 7/24/16: This story has been updated to reflect the most accurate name of Team Excelerate Phenom track club.The Robinsons are on the road a...
Legion baseball advancing in respective tournaments
The Sedalia Travelers might have played forever if not for the 10-run rule.In a 13-3 victory over the Lee’s Summit Outlaws, the Post 642 offense...
Vault hats rediscovered
In preparation for a recent garage sale, Amber steeled her courage and looked under the bed in our guestroom. “Aha!” she announced triumph...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
July 30-31 Birthdays
PersingerJoyce Persinger will observe her 81st birthday Aug.1She was born Aug. 1, 1935, in Ashland.Joyce was married to the late Billy Frank Persinger...
Art & Entertainment Happenings
Daum Museum ExhibitsExhibits now showing at the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art at State Fair Community College are: “Animalia” from May 7...
Vietnam Veterans Honored by the Osage Chapter DAR
The Osage Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution honored and thanked over 100 local Vietnam Veterans with a commemorative luncheon Saturd...
Nulsen birth announcement
Ensign Ryan Nulsen and Elizabeth Wilhite Nulsen became the parents of a daughter, Ainsley Elizabeth Nulsen, born July 7, 2016, at Roper St. Francis Ho...
Aleta (Moon) Hayes will celebrate her 80th birthday with an open house reception from 2 to 4 p.m. July 30 at Magnolia Baptist Church, 885 SW 840th Roa...
Danielle Nicole Rogers and Anthony Allen Snider, both of Independence, were married at 2 p.m. Saturday July 16, 2016, at Simple Blessings Farm in Knob...
Timing off on city questionnaire
Let’s start this column by giving credit where credit is due: It’s commendable to see that the administration of the City of Sedalia sees ...
Christian Richards: Clubwoman and leader
During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, a new type of woman appeared in the United States. She was educated, intelligent, and committed to impr...
Our View: DNC: Dems’ chance to build excitement
For Democrats, the upcoming convention in Philadelphia offers a chance to do what Hillary Clinton’s campaign so far has struggled to do.Build ex...
Pondering road trips, old movies and hot air
Short takes and not-so-deep thoughts:• One of the greatest feelings one can experience is dew-laden grass on bare feet – especially if it ...
Remembering barefoot days and simpler times
Columnist’s Note: I wrote this memory years ago, and each summer I am reminded of it by someone who also walked the streets of Sedalia on those ...
Be safe during this heat wave
Though it’s stating the obvious, I must say it. It’s hot. I know that July is mid-summer, and that summer is supposed to be hot, but the h...