Smith-Cotton boy’s golf runner-up in season opener
Nine vying for Northwest school board seats
Cole Camp gets cooking
Democratic candidates speak at dinner
Rookie Reporter: Family dynamic at Sedalia 200
- Nine vying for Northwest school board seats - 9:33 pm
- Cole Camp gets cooking - 9:28 pm
- Democratic candidates speak at dinner - 7:25 pm
- Rookie Reporter: Family dynamic at Sedalia 200 - 6:52 pm updated: 7:19 pm.
- Woman seriously injured in Johnson County accident - 4:45 pm
- Smithton woman hurt in Pettis County accident - 3:15 pm
- Two hurt in Johnson County crash - 2:01 pm
- March 27 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- Sedalia Fire Department training program proving successful - 9:47 pm
- Four vying for Hughesville school board seat - 7:03 pm
- Smith-Cotton theatre teacher selected for Advocacy Leadership Network - 4:45 pm
- Harlem Ambassadors, Sedalia All-Stars square-off - 4:42 pm
- Community Calendar for March 26 to April 2 - 4:14 pm
- March 25 Police Reports - 3:48 pm
- Page, Merritt seeking Sedalia City Council Ward 4 seat - 9:27 pm
- Hayden Liberty Center hosts art show, reception Saturday - 6:52 pm
- Skyline students create Living History Inventor Museum - 4:22 pm updated: 4:37 pm.
- Clinton man arrested after SWAT team search warrant - 4:00 pm
- State Fair Community College Student killed in single-vehicle accident - 2:24 pm
- Pettis County in ‘marginal risk’ for severe weather Friday - 12:09 pm
- UPDATED: Thursday night riot at Johnson County Jail resolved - 9:47 am updated: 10:18 am.
- UPDATE: Sedalia woman killed in U.S. Highway 65 accident - 9:37 am updated: 6:03 pm.
- Chamber honors businesses, committees at annual awards event - 10:29 pm
- Kitchen fire damages East Howard Street home - 9:23 pm
- Bishop to face two challengers for La Monte City Council - 7:32 pm
Four vying for Hughesville school board seat
Four candidates are vying for one seat on the Pettis County R-V Board of Education — Nikkie Hill, Janice Klenke, who ran for the board last year...
Smith-Cotton theatre teacher selected for Advocacy Leadership Network
Smith-Cotton High School Director of Speech and Theatre Teri Turner has been honored and selected as a member of the Advocacy Leadership Network (ALN)...
Harlem Ambassadors, Sedalia All-Stars square-off
The faces say it all for the Sedalia All-Stars as a member of the Harlem Ambassadors prepares to shoot a basket Saturday night at Smith-Cotton High Sc...
Community Calendar for March 26 to April 2
To have your event or meeting listed, send details to [email protected] or call 826-1000 ext. 1481.MONDAY9:30 a.m.: Church Women United will ha...
March 25 Police Reports
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Page, Merritt seeking Sedalia City Council Ward 4 seat
Only Sedalia voters in Ward 4 will be voting in a contested race on the April 4 ballot.Ward 4 Councilwoman Mary Merritt and newcomer Megan Page are bo...
Quick Hits, March 25
COLLEGE BASEBALLMineral Area College 6, State Fair Community College 4Mineral Area used a 5-run fourth-inning to beat State Fair Community College, 6-...
20th Century military calibers that have become civilian mainstays
When we paused at the end of last week’s column, the 20th Century was dawning. Great Britain had decided that the .303 Lee Enfield was the only ...
Quick Hits, March 23
HIGH SCHOOL BOY’S GOLFLucchesi leads Gremlins in MarshallJack Lucchesi shot a 47 to lead Sacred Heart boy’s golf at Indian Foothills in Ma...
Area basketball standouts recognized on All-State, District teams
The Missouri Basketball Coaches Association released its All-State selections this week, including four Kaysinger boys across two classes.Drew Apsher ...
Kroenke, Spunaugle finalists for excellent award
Beating the odds, two Lincoln High School student-athletes were named finalists in the Award for Excellence sponsored by the Pro Football Hall of Fame...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
CurtisElouise “Joann” Curtis observed her 81st birthday March 22.Elouise was born March 22, 1936 in Malta Bend.She was married to the late...
Thierfelder birth announcement
Lorin Blackburn Thierfelder and Craig Theirfelder became the parents of a daughter, Vivian Hope Thierfelder, born March 3, 2017, at Bothwell Regional ...
Doug and Kristi Craig, of Ionia, announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily Craig, of Ionia, to Steven Westermier, of Sedalia. He is the son of ...
The Sedalia Senior Center is a nonprofit organization overseen by the Care Connection for Aging Services. The center is located at 312 S. Washington a...
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels is a nonprofit organization that delivers meals to seniors, the homebound and handicapped citizens of Sedalia. The food is prepared by...
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent
Ozarks Amphitheater announces the return of Ted Nugent, “the Motor City Madman”, on July 29th . Ted Nugent brings his “Make America ...
The need for art, phone calls and umbrellas
Quick hits and short takes:• My journalism students at Smith-Cotton High school worked this week on writing editorials. Each semester with each ...
Good Will Tour concludes
The 90 businessmen and professionals who boarded three buses on July 14, 1931, to tour the area south of Sedalia in order to spread good will and adve...
Thank you Jack
I just wanted to say thanks to Jack Miller for his recent column about “Mrs. Van Horn’s stories.” That Mrs. Van Horn, was my grandmo...
Drug reform may mean danger for hemophiliacs
Loyal readers know that I was diagnosed with Severe Hemophilia A at a young age. I volunteer as a counselor at two summer camps for young people with ...
Getting to know each other
The Rose M. Nolen Black History Library will host Sunday afternoon gatherings at the Rose M. Nolen Black History Library, 109 Lima Alley, Sedalia, two...
SFCC campaign using video to reach community
MTV was launched with the clip “Video Killed the Radio Star.” For State Fair Community College, video is adding life to its awareness camp...