Sunny, warm weather draws fishermen to Clover Dell Lake
Sedalia City Council to discuss budget, demolition permits
State Fair Community College baseball leaps into new era
Absentee voting begins Tuesday for April 4 municipal election
Former Sedalians return, purchase State Fair Floral
- Womble receives Shine King award - 1:58 pm
- Sunny, warm weather draws fishermen to Clover Dell Lake - 1:50 pm
- Ribbon cutting at new Zaxby’s in Warrensburg - 11:01 am
- Sedalia City Council to discuss budget, demolition permits - 7:39 pm
- Absentee voting begins Tuesday for April 4 municipal election - 6:04 pm
- Former Sedalians return, purchase State Fair Floral - 4:57 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- CRASH REPORTS - 7:55 pm
- Smithton Community Fire Department hosts dinner - 6:32 pm
- Hughesville superintent resigns - 6:30 pm
- VIDEO: NFPB hosts 22nd annual bullriding event - 6:24 pm
- Amber alert for sex offender accused of abducting child - 5:13 pm
- Community Calendar for Feb. 20 to Feb. 26 - 2:07 pm updated: 10:18 am.
- Police Reports - 7:00 am updated: 3:12 pm.
- Heroin remains in Pettis County - 5:38 pm
- Sacred Heart has accepted Rachel’s Challenge - 5:17 pm
- Sedalia-Pettis County United Way recognizes partners - 5:06 pm
- Stover Animal Rescue helps dogs, cats find homes - 3:34 pm
- Martin Warren Chapter, SAR inducts 2017 officers - 3:14 pm
- Divorces - 2:42 pm
- ‘Day Without Immigrants’ action seen in some Missouri cities - 8:24 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 8:16 pm
- Learning to express opinions with alienating others - 7:39 pm
- Connecting the Prairie to the Ivy - 7:34 pm updated: 7:37 pm.
- Sedalia enjoys warm weather - 5:46 pm
Hughesville superintent resigns
Pettis County R-V School District Superintendent Cody Hirschi resigned last Thursday and has announced he has accepted a new position at Superintenden...
VIDEO: NFPB hosts 22nd annual bullriding event
Often called “modern day gladiators” 45 cowboys competed for honors and fame Friday and Saturday evening during the 22nd annual National F...
Amber alert for sex offender accused of abducting child
OVERLAND, Mo. — The Overland Police Department out of Missouri issued an AmberAlert for an abduction incident that occurred at 2200 Woodson Rd i...
Community Calendar for Feb. 20 to Feb. 26
To have your event or meeting listed, send details to [email protected] or call 826-1000 ext. 1481.MONDAY10 a.m.: Show-Me Mad Tatters, Universi...
This list is a sampling of crime in Sedalia and the surrounding area. Information is taken from official police reports, which do not necessarily cont...
Heroin remains in Pettis County
Heroin use in Missouri continues to rise, and with stories like the Williams family, whose daughter Jessica died of a heroin overdose in her father...
Courts and canvases: Kaysinger athletes exhibit talent in the art show
Kaysinger conference student-athletes enrolled in fine arts credits swap pick-and-pops for pencils and pastels when school is in session, and a handfu...
Prep Roundup, Feb. 18
HIGH SCHOOLBOY’S BASKETBALLCole Camp 49, Sacred Heart 47The Bluebirds secured a 3-way tie for first in the Kaysinger Conference regular season s...
Lady Tigers overwhelmed by St. Pius X in final home game
Smith-Cotton scored first Friday, but its lead was short-lived as the Lady Tigers suffered a fate similar to December’s loss against No. 7 ranke...
Fishing from a river bank offers more than just fish
I get occasional urges to leave my boat and mountain of tackle plus must-have accessories at home, so I can spend a day — or, far more likely, p...
Prep Roundup, Feb. 16
HIGH SCHOOLBOY’S BASKETBALLLATE TUESDAY RESULTSSacred Heart 69, Windsor 39Trent Lyles scored 18, Colby Young had 17 and Micah Tanguay added 15 i...
Indian Hills edges State Fair Roadrunners late, 75-73
The State Fair Community College baseball team and agriculture students bolstered the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center bleachers Wednesday, providing...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Mr. and Mrs. John Lentz, of La Monte, will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary Feb. 19.Lucinda Joyce Breshears and John Lentz were married Feb. 1...
UCM Department of Theatre and Dance receives awards
WARRENSBURG — KCACTF Festival 49 took place in Des Moines, Iowa from Jan. 22 to 28. The Department of Theatre and Dance took 40 students and fac...
The Acting Company to perform at UCM
WARRENSBURG — The University of Central Missouri Department of Theatre & Dance along with The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science...
Linda Oehrke Myers, of Sedalia, announces the engagement of her daughter, Danielle Myers, of Sedalia, to Matt LaGree, of Warrensburg. He is the son of...
Inter-State donates to Open Door
The employees representing the Inter-State Studio’s Charities Committee are from left, Lori Williams, Carol Allen, Patty Wheeler and Connie Ratt...
S-C students compete in Shakespeare competition
The Smith-Cotton High School Department of Theatre hosted a Shakespeare competition on Feb. 2 where students had to memorize a monologue from a Shakes...
Athletic Hall of fame adds stars
Athletic Hall of fame adds starsDear Editor,The Smith-Cotton Athletic Hall of Fame grew brighter with the addition of four stars on Feb. 3. Activities...
German immigrant Fred Helm
Missouri became home to many immigrants from Germany during the 19th century. Travelers from Germany such as Gottfried Duden visited Missouri and wrot...
New Woods Market to make its debut
Things are always going to change. There are some people who are so afraid of that fact that they let it define them. But we should keep in mind that ...
Girlfriends and valentines
Like a lot of little boys, most of my girlfriends when I was in grade school had no idea they were even in that category, because like most little boy...
Rememebering Kabul ,,,, coming home
Thursday began badly. For some reason, I woke at 3 a.m. and then heard the clock strike 4 and 5, too. And then 7 came much too quickly. I walk briskly...
Populist anger played to Trump’s advantage
Those seeking to explain the Donald Trump phenomenon often use the word “populism.” The heyday of populism was the 1890s, when it was an a...